About the role
Smiths Detection safeguards people, business and infrastructure with the latest innovations in screening technology. We are a leader in the detection and identification of security threats and contraband. With experience in airport security and advancing digital capabilities for monitoring ports and borders, Smiths Detection is helping make the world a safer place.
We are part of Smiths Group a global technology company listed on the London Stock Exchange and part of the FTSE100. We apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver innovative solutions that meet our customers’ needs. Our products and services – often hidden from view – touch the lives of millions of people every day. We serve a wide range of end markets – from healthcare, energy and petrochemicals through to threat and contraband detection, telecommunications and equipment manufacture.
About the Programme
The Smiths Detection Graduate programme provides the perfect opportunity to join a high performing Engineering team. You will work with exciting technologies, develop expertise enabling you to grow into a highly capable multi-skilled software engineer.
No previous work experience required, but you will already have a good knowledge of C/C++ programming and Unix/LINUX, ability to design and implement modules in system space and perform code reviews and providing suggestions for fixes and improvements.
Other requirements are
- Creating and maintaining tools to validate, unit tests, integration tests and documentation for these components.
- Supporting issue analysis and fix activities during test phases, as well as production issue resolution.
BE/B.Tech (Information Technology/Computer Science/Electronics/Electrical/E&TC, Information Science
Preferred technical capabilities:
- C/C++ programming
- good understanding of data structure/ algorithms.
- good exposure of Unix/ LINUX
- Debuggers/Makefile experience
- Understanding of shell/Perl/Python scripting
- Good communication skills
- Excellent English skills ( verbal and written)
- Punctual and determined
- A team player
- Good time management skills
Company: Smith Groups