- Develop test scripts for protocol testing products Keysight is developing for 5G (5th Generation) wireless communications developed by the 3GPP (3rd Generation Partnership Project) standards body;
- Responsible for requirement gathering and mapping of new featured introduced in the ETSI quarterly release and prepare high level design document;
- Develop functional and performance test cases using Protocol R&D tool set of Protocol Conformance test set based of 3GPP NR Specifications 38.523-1 and 38.523-2;
- Responsible for new 3GPP 4G/5G L1, L2, L3 feature integration;
- Debug 3GPP 4G/5G protocol L1, L2, L3 issues, analyze logs and work with Keysight internal teams (e.g. R&D) to resolve issues;
- Develop test cases of ETSI TTCN quarterly release of 5G NR and LTE complex scenarios using scripting language TTCN2/TTCN3 and programming language C/C++ using Microsoft Visual studio;
Additional Job Description
- Develop tools and test automation framework;
- Test and Debug the full suite of Keysight products from the developer’s tool set to the
- conformance and Inter-operability products;
- Educate customer on using Keysight solutions in 5G NR;
- Analyze the Keysight customer needs and then build product requirements and communicate them to the product management and planning teams;
- Test and validate test scripts for carrier specific scenarios: Non-Stand Alone (LTE + NR) and Stand Alone (5G). Beamforming, Beam Switching, Carrier Aggregation Handovers;
- Providing technical support to Keysight customer and technical collaborations with device manufacturers or chipset vendors to resolve protocol implementation issues.
- Integrate Keysight products with beta version of 5G modem
- Report to Keysight Project Manager based in San Diego, CA.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering. Computer science or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in telecommunications role
- Good working knowledge of 3GPP 4G/5G Access Stratum protocols (L1/L2/L3).
- Experience with 4G/5G mobile device testing and script development on test equipment’s.
- Familiar with testing wireless communications devices using base station emulation, fading emulator, spectrum/signal analyzers, signal sources and network analyzer.
- Strong understanding of RF and wireless test and measurement applications.
- Close working experience with mobile chipset manufacturers or network operators is highly desirable
- 5G L1/L2/L3 protocol knowledge (desirable) in order to be successful in this role
Additional Job Qualifications
- Proven experience creating and maintaining test tools with some of these programming languages; (C#, C++ or VB), Python, Java etc
- Proven ability to work in a team, gain alignment among teams, peers, partners, and management
- Proven ability to adapt to changing product requirements during development in response to an aggressive marketplace
- Experience working across teams and geographies
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Effective presentation and problem-solving skills.
Company: Keysight Technologies