We are looking for candidates who have a good understanding of embedded software in control system applications where system timing and performance are crucial. Candidate must have the ability to work well with team members to develop, review and implement complex software applications. This position requires an individual that is detail orientated, results driven, highly motivated and has the ability to develop and lead a high performing team.
- Lead the software architecture planning, design, and implementation for an Electric Power Steering system.
- Analyze customer, system, and safety requirements to derive software architecture requirements.
- Design, document, and implement a world class reusable software architecture based upon generated requirements.
- Incorporate requirements traceability into the software architecture.
- Develop and implement an architecture verification plan.
- Develop documentation to comply with automotive SPICE.
- Interface directly with automotive OEMs to understand requirements and review designs.
- Interface directly with suppliers to understand and influence design aspects that impact the software.
- Participate in and lead design reviews.
- Participate in software process development activities.
- Review and understand Technical References and Data Sheets for the system’s microcontroller.
- Minimum of 4 years of embedded software development experience
- Minimum of 6 years of development experience with the AUTOSAR architecture.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to work well in a global environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead initiatives and development activities
- Understanding of software development techniques and methodologies
- Understanding of ISO 26262 functional safety concepts and its impact on software development
- Expertise in software coding using C language
- Expertise in debugging and problem resolution
- Expertise in Vector based analysis and development tools
- Expertise in cross compilers and cross assemblers
- Expertise in 8-bit, 16-bit or 32-bit microcontrollers and common peripherals
- Experience with standard software development environments (IDE)
- Experience with software configuration management systems (i.e., Synergy)
- Experience with formal requirements management tools (i.e., DOORS)
- Experience with formal architectural design tools such as Enterprise Architect.
- Familiarity with MISRA standards and verification tools
- Familiarity with maturity models such as SPICE and/or CMMI.
- Familiarity with the AGILE development methodology.
- Familiarity with embedded hardware design and manufacturing processes
- Familiarity with Matlab / Simulink
- Familiarity with the software safety mechanisms such as memory protection units and watchdogs
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio)
- Bachelor – Electronics & Communication Engineering (Required)
- Master – Electronics Engineering (Preferred)