Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions, which enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Aptiv has 160,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers, in 44 countries.
Today, our mission is to shape the world with more safer, greener and more connected solutions that’s changing the world. We are dedicated to bring the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life.
Aptiv Connection Systems, Chennai Engineering Center in Chennai, India established in 2001 catering complete product development solutions right from concept design till validation testing to global OEMs. Located in Chennai city, the southern part of India which is known as automotive hub of India.
About this position
We are seeking System Engineer to develop system concepts and designs for consumer connectivity products such as Wireless charger, USB Charger, Combo ports, Etc. The incumbent has to work closely with customers to understand their requirements and collaborate with the team in fulfilling them.
- Capture and analyze customer requirements and discuss with development team for the requirements.
- Design new electronics products for ADP (Advance Development Products) and PD
- Work together with others to finish schematic design
- Development and evaluation of system concepts( function allocation in hardware and mechanics)
- Work together with software engineer to optimize the hardware design and prepare related documents
- Sourcing and developing new PCB and PCBA vendor from engineering side
- Develop the Product Definition Document and system test procedure document according to the customer requirements.
- Communication with OEM, analyzing requirements, change requests and assign requirements to CFT
- Create system designs based on customer requirements and company product platforms
- Functional safety development based on customer’s requirements
- Qualified with Bachelors in Electronic Engineering
- 3 years or more in automotive industry experience
- Competence in automotive electronics control function, micro controller.
- Skilled with embedded schematic design and electronics components selection.
- Proficiency of automotive electronics system (ie.Bluetooth, USB/SD, Audio/Video, HDMI, CAN/LIN, Network Diagnostic, BCM, BMS, Hybrid, etc); Proficiency of automotive electronic development process.
- Excellent knowledge in system/HW engineering to automotive systems
- Experience in automotive functional safety development.
- Modeling and simulation, embedded control software development will be added advantage.
- Good English communication skill.
Traits we seek
- A good communicator, open for challenges, explores full potential to achieve goals.
- Team player who actively collaborate and contribute to achieve the team goals. Highly motivated and help the team to achieve the goals together
- Self-driven and strong passion in achieving results. Highly accountable for the actions and act as owner.
- Problem solving and analytical thinking, curious to learn continuously and believes in self-development.
- Go getter and passionate to travels extra mile to bring as part of continuous improvement.
- Creative in thinking, innovative mindset and does not settle for less.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation with bonus opportunities
- Competitive health benefits
- Learning and development environment
- Innovation opportunities and recognitions
- Opportunities to collaborate with global talents
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.