Supports Materials Engineering team in resolving issues challenges that come across while researching, documenting, and maintaining the specifications data.
Notifies part requesters when non-recommended parts or suppliers are being requested and suggests alternate recommended parts or suppliers. Discusses requestor’s needs
versus the benefits of using recommended suppliers and preferred parts in product design by reviewing the criteria by which recommended suppliers and preferred parts are selected.
Individual Contributor within the Engineering Information Services(EIS) Organization reporting into Order Fulfillment and Supply Chain (OFS).
Principal Duties and responsibilities: PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works on manufacturing engineering assignments with broadly defined objectives
Solves straight-forward issues, challenges and problems within field of specialization
Creates or modifies the part specifications that define Agilent requirements and permit procurement form multiple suppliers following interchangeability guidelines and /or input from materials engineering. May create or modify specifications control drawings to ensure accurate documentation of difficult to describe parts.
- Notifies part requesters when non-recommended parts or suppliers are being requested and suggests alternate recommended parts or suppliers. Discusses requestor’s needs versus the benefits of using recommended suppliers and preferred parts in product design by reviewing the criteria by which recommended suppliers and preferred parts are selected.
- Evaluates part requests to eliminate duplication or simplicity with existing parts.
- Inform appropriate parts selection personnel of changing trends in technology as identified through parts request information or supplier input.
- Identifies critical variations in parts specifications between multiple suppliers, which would limit interchangeability. Requests are either rejected or further investigation is initiated.
- Coordinates the resolution of specifications issues requiring internal and external customer input (Including suppliers) either to ensure that data maintained in the materials database continues to meet engineering, manufacturing, and procurement needs or to influence the manufacturing process of suppliers to meet specifications.
- Requests additions and modifications to category specification documentation to ensure that distinguishing part specifications are captured.
- Involved in departments -wide efforts to improve material specifications consistency, timeliness, quality, and usability across assigned subset of categories. May participate in part standardization efforts with materials engineering. May involve obtaining samples from suppliers.
- Inputs the part data transactions (Part specifications, purchase order descriptions and the supplier information) into the materials database.
- May identify data integrity issues (e.g. missing, inaccurate, or unusable data or part specifications).
- Analyze various mergers and acquisitions by organization, manage and evaluate all data, ensure accuracy and process changes to parts effected due to respective merger or acquisition.
- Collect and analyze relevant data and take actions accordingly. Facilitate broad collaboration with clear communication and documentation.
- Perform pre-shipment quality check for new joiners and share feedback on discrepancies.
- Conduct BOM reviews for business customers providing feedback on part standardization, lifecycle status, environmental issues, and recommendations on replacement parts.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Electronics and Communication Engineering with 3+ years of relevant experience.
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.