Teradata is conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world’s most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Education / Experience Requirements
- 3-5 years of QA/Test development and validation experience
- Graduate or Post Graduate in Computer Science or Electronics with knowledge on Database concepts & SQL is highly desirable
- Knowledge on at least one cloud platform – Azure / Google Cloud / AWS
- Knowledge on UNIX/Linux and at least one programming/scripting knowledge is a must
- Knowledge of CI/CD tool chain – Jenkins, GitHub, Etc., is a plus
- Ability to learn new technologies and tools quickly and to leverage that knowledge for results analysis and problem solving
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with members of Engineering and Quality groups
- Strong understanding of test processes
- Results oriented working within a collaborative team
- Teradata Database and Client Utilities experience is a plus
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop fully automated tests to validate Teradata database and related components/functions and mimic customer like scenarios and workloads
- Develop tests to reproduce and verify customer reported issues and fixes
- Perform customer-centric validation of TD database under stress, load and with focus on system level integration
- Independently analyze & report the defects/issues encountered during testing
- Fix database test ware defects as needed
- Position reports directly to the Engineering Manager
- Test methodology is black box customer focused testing on a wide range of machine configurations, on Cloud and on on-prem platforms as needed
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.