This is a Research and Development (R&D) role, reporting to the Team Manager in Business Area – Industrial Automation (IA) and located in Bangalore. You will be will be responsible for the security and network robustness assessment of embedded devices and host based industrial software, security assessments of web application, API’s and mobile applications, threat analysis of the ABB products from security point of view and in-depth analysis of results and writing technical reports and also be responsible for evaluating security methodologies relevant for the organization.
- Testing of embedded devices and host based industrial software’s, web applications, API’s and Mobile Apps.
- Providing suggestion/fixes for improvement to device/software development teams.
- Evaluating of new testing methodologies relevant for the organization.
- Testing Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices for security vulnerabilities.
- Researching on testing security of protocols, interfaces and technologies used for communication to cloud based platforms and API Security.
- Creating new test methodologies.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.E/ B. Tech in Computer Science/ Electronics engineering with 2-4 years of working experience in security domain.
- M. Tech in Cyber Security or Networking with CGPA of 6.5 and above.
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP networking and application protocols concepts (knowledge of control communication protocols and technologies is a major plus).
- Understanding of software exploitation and common vulnerabilities.
- Good understanding of port scanning, vulnerability assessment and fuzzing tools is a plus.
- Strong knowledge in analysis of web applications, scanning and vulnerability assessment reporting.
- Good knowledge of the HTTP protocol, and all other protocols associated with web technologies.
- Fair understanding of OWASP Top 10 & SANS 25 Vulnerabilities and their mitigations.
- Good knowledge on Mobile app and APIs (REST, SOAP) security testing.
- Proficient with one of the scripting languages such as shell, python, ruby etc. is an added advantage.