- Advertisement -
Smiths Detection is looking for dynamic, innovative and motivated software developers to be the part of its global platform and applications development team in Technology group. The purpose of this role is to develop, sustain and enhance our digital software and solutions. The position is based in Bangalore.
Duties & Responsibilities
What you’ll do:
- Be a key contributor to the assigned project Keep ownership of technical designs, source code, and component test execution to demonstrate alignment to the functional specifications
- Be a hands-on developer in designing and implementing C/C++ on Linux environment
- Expertise in any of the scripting languages
- Develops software code to complex design and architecture which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
- Translate architectural concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences and applications
- Creating and maintaining tools to validate, unit tests, integration tests and documentation for these components
- Using configuration management and integration/build automation tools during application development and testing phase Performing code reviews and providing suggestions for fixes and improvements.
- Supporting issue analysis and fix activities during test phases, as well as production issue resolution.
- Delivering projects on-time, within functional and quality spec; all the while communicating clearly with stakeholders Work with Principle and Senior architects, managers and team members to estimate effort and to clarify, negotiate and document scope, design and code
What you’ll definitely need:
- Must possess at least a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering and/or Computer Engineering/Science or equivalent
- 4 to 8 years of software development experience in system domain
- Prefer to have worked with systems and machines and develop software, come from systems software background OR should have kernel space/driver software development experience
- Good understanding of object-oriented design, design patterns, microservices architecture, data structure, algorithms, systems architecture
- Proficiency in one or more backend languages (C/C++)
- Must have worked on Linux environment Good experience of Test-Driven Development.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies and Pair Programming Knowledge of Coding Standards, version management (Git/Bit bucket or similar), Build Process, Packaging, DevOps and CI/CD Ability to work with multiple teams and projects at any given time. Ability to quickly learn complex software, system and technology. Leveraging and contributing to Open
- Advertisement -
Knowledge of open source tool chains and technologies. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Company: Smith Detection
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.