- Advertisement -
Overall responsibilities and duties:
- Mandatory Design Kick-off at the beginning of the program (align with Scope, org chart, timing, Milestones, etc.)
- For his perimeter, define technical solutions and CAD data (2D & 3D) using proper
- Faurecia standard templates and CAD methodology
- Program delivery planning and execution
- Concept design, Master sections
- Serial design specification
- Functional drawings
- Tolerance stack book
- D&T (including KC for internal and customer needs)
- To be able to give training to Design Engineers.
- Conduct weekly design reviews with team and management
- Mandatory Top 5 with the team to define work and feedback from the previous day
- Quote CMI and get it validated from SPDE
- Maintain team-level SLI and discuss with SPDE for open points
- Faurecia Product Standards and Guidelines.
- Customer constraints and specifications.
- Applicable regulations and legislation.
- Validate RFT for team members
- Assign detailed work to Project Design team through appropriated method resource loading as per Kanban
- Ensure the Project Design team are aware of Faurecia Product Standards and Guidelines, and customer constraints and specifications.
- Ensure process feasibility of the product design and A-Surfaces (with the GTS team if needed).
- Ensure overall product “Design for Performance” (including implementation into CAD of inputs with regard to results of the simulation, tests, and validation to meet performance criteria) with the development engineering team, if needed.
- Understand product performance with EMI/EMC, IP Rating (water & Dust), thermal considerations
- Support the KPC identification. Support DFMEA.
- At the end of a program, make appropriate capitalization documents (Lessons learned, Technical Reports) to feed/improve Design and Development standards and guidelines.
- Identify training needs for the team members based on their skill matrix To uphold & abide by the code of ethics & Management.
- Awareness of QMs policy & Processes
- Ensuring all work processes & procedures are in line with QMS objectives & reporting any incident of deviation from QMS.
The main missions of the role are:
- Responsible for detailed product design according to standards and guidelines.
- Translate defined product design performance criteria in CAD data & specifications.
- Masters specific areas of IP, DP, or CC of a given technology.
- Understand electronics requirements for products like EMI/EMC, IP Ratings for water and dust, connectors and wire harness, thermal considerations
Engineering degree, or significant professional experience
- Relevant experience of 5+ Years in design as a design engineer in automotive interior design
- English is required, and the customer’s language is strongly encouraged
- Able to work in a multicultural environment
- Knowledge of CAD software including CATIA
Skills and competencies
- Thorough /knowledge of program-specific CAD software.
- Thorough experience in designing in the required domain, i.e. Automotive Interiors
- Good knowledge of CAD Methodology and best practices and tooling knowledge
- Knowledge of assigned program timing and deliverables at each milestone
- Knowledge of program standards, tools, and methods like Tolerance stack, DFMEA, CAE
- Problem-solving techniques. Exposure to 8D and QRCI
- Strategic and analytical capabilities.