Documenting new products while learning the assigned products and sharing the knowledge with the team. Also, concentrating on the documentation flow and topic transition concepts while documenting.
- Requirement Gathering During Project Execution
- Quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Work collaboratively with developers, validators, SMEs, and so forth to make our documentation easier to use.
- Technical writing of Ovation and add on releases
- Must adhere to Technical Communication Style Guide provided by Pittsburgh and MSTP guidelines during every documentation cycle.
- Analyze, reuse, edit, or create content according to the documentation requirement.
- Address all the assigned SRFs, SDRs, and Findings for a particular release.
- Commit to find and document the features missed and not updated in the previous releases.
- Work on the documentation of new Ovation products under minimal guidance.
- Create user manual and online help to help end-users use a variety of Ovation applications.
- Create and maintain the information architecture paying attention to documentation flow, topic transition, and consistency concepts.
- Deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail.
- Project Execution
- Regularly attend and actively participate in the project conference calls to discuss the status and queries.
- Work diligently on the feedback received from SMEs, peers, editors, and leads and proceed towards the project closure procedures (print and ISO) on timely basis.
- Update the Writer Assignment sheet and send work progress report to GEC lead on timely basis.
Other Key Skills
- Develop skill set of at least two of the assigned Ovation products such as Alarms, Point Information, Trends, OPH, SBR, and so forth.
- Must share expertise such as sharing knowledge regularly by conducting brainstorming sessions, product demo/hands on, and so forth in the team.
- Be a software administrator to install or upgrade Ovation builds and resolve issues related to Paligo, MS Word, Visio, and so forth, when required.
- Help in improving the technical writing processes with new ideas.
- Continually learn from the editorial feedback and strive to get the review comments closure in single iteration.
- Attend all the assigned training sessions to develop/enhance skills.
B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science/Electronics/Electrical/Instrumentation or BCA/MCA with
minimum of 6 years of technical writing experience. Basic knowledge of Distributed Control Systems and Power Plant processes would be preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
- Must have good knowledge of MSTP.
- Must have excellent knowledge of AuthorIT or any other authoring tool.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to interact and gather required information from Subject Matter Expert(s) (SME).
- Self-motivated and willing to accept challenging assignments.
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.