TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
The position will be responsible for conceptualizing, building designs and execution of innovative new technology solutions for the home appliance market.
There will be opportunity to work directly with customers, suppliers, engineering and product management to create and implement the technology and product roadmaps supporting the next generations of smarter, more efficient and safer home appliances.
To work with the engineering and product management teams to understand the Voice of the Customer (VOC) and translate into the Product Requirements Definition (PRD) for all new ICS (integrated component systems) products on the roadmap.
Qualification & Critical Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or above, in Electronics & Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or similar with 5+ years’ work experience in the home appliances/ consumer electronics industry,
- 3-5 years direct experience developing firmware in Consumer Electronics product – Appliances (Dishwashing, Dishwashing, Refrigeration, Laundry, Cooking (oven / range), RF related product (2.4G/24G/60GHz microwave, Lidar, etc.)
- Experience in Radar algorithim is preferred
- Knowledge and Experience in different sensor products/ technology (optical, infrared, TOF, etc.) is preferred
- At least familiar with 1 or 2 micro-controller such as ARM, 8051, PIC etc.
- Thorough knowledge of C, C++ language.
- Understand the methodology and principle for firmware test.
- Hands-on experience in debugging together with hardware
Company: TE Connectivity