- Advertisement -
Skyroot Aerospace is a start-up based out of Hyderabad, aspiring to lead private space launch business in India, while becoming a globally competitive space-tech provider.
This profile seeks to hire a highly competent RF Signal Processing engineer to work on Skyroot’s RF communications modules and satellite payloads.
This will be an individual contributor role, where the selected candidate is expected to implement key algorithms, signal processing & application software that go into on-board modules and satellite payloads.
- Bachelors (or higher) in Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE), preferably majoring in RF communications systems (or equivalent qualification).
- 3-8 years of experience in application development for RF communications systems (algorithm implementation, translation to C, testing etc.)
- Strong understanding of RF Signal Processing concepts including:
- Baseband Signal Processing – Quadrature / IQ Signal Processing, Nyquist Sampling Theorem, Frequency domain analysis, Filtering etc.
- Wireless Communication concepts – Modulation, Pulse-shaping, Matched-filter, BER, CFO estimation, Channel coding, Multiplexing schemes (TDM, FDM, MIMO), Channel capacity theorem.
- Radar Signal Processing concepts – Pulse compression, Doppler estimation, Synthetic
- Aperture Radar basics, Image processing, Coordinate geometry etc.
- Network Communication concepts – TCP/IP Model
- Experience with hardware, software toolchains:
- Experience programming Software Defined Radios (SDRs)
- Experience programming in C, MATLAB
- Experience with FPGA programming is a big plus
- Experience with Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators is a big plus
- Good soft skills including:
- Articulate written & verbal communication
- Rigor in understanding concepts
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Constant quest for perfection and improvement
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on complex problems
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry in India.
- Simulate, implement, test, and integrate signal processing algorithms and application software going into on-board modules and satellite payloads.
- Identifying functional, performance requirements for communication, ranging & imaging applications
- Identifying algorithms suitable for the application requirements
- Quick prototyping using MATLAB simulations
- Translation of code blocks into C to implement on embedded hardware
- Overall application software integration
- Rigorous corner-case testing and bug-fixes
- Develop ground-based test software, post-processing software (in LabVIEW / Python / MATLAB) for use with on-board application software developed.
- Create, maintain & present design reports for internal / external reviews.
- Advertisement -
Company: SKYROOT Aerospace
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.