The Connectivity and Cloud Delivery-Connected Vehicle Business Operation Portal team is looking for a Software Engineer who will work across the full stack of technologies to enable the highest priority work to be delivered first. The Software Engineer role will work on a Balanced Team and collaborate with a Product Owner, Product Manager and Product Designer to deliver projects and features to support future Enterprise Connectivity programs. This position will be responsible for full stack development ranging from web to server-side engineering, and leverage modern frameworks, open source tools and cloud technologies to develop software effectively through test-driven development, continuous integration and deployment.
- Software Development in a variety of programming languages and technologies with responsibilities to Define, Design, Develop and Deploy applications/services and proof-of-concepts to support the Connected Vehicle Business Operation Portals.
- Works closely with other technical experts, Product Managers, Product Designers and business stakeholders, and mentor’s software engineers on the design and development aspects.
- Collaborates with global team and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ensures IT solutions are designed and developed in line with Ford IT standards, procedures, security and policies.
- Develops foundational knowledge of the business, business model, key processes and priorities and applies knowledge to solutions.
- Interprets business user functional and non-functional requirements to develop system specifications in close cooperation with Product Designers and business customers.
- Provides input to architecture and knows how to apply Ford architecture standards appropriately to the solution/service.
- Interprets testing requirements and critical customer acceptance criteria.
- Reviews, critiques and validates requirements specifications.
- Flexible working hours and provide on call production support.
Top 3 skillsets
1) Angular, 2) Springboot, 3) SQL
Technical Skill Required
- Extensive experience on RESTful, SOAP Web Services
- Expert level knowledge of Angular and proficient in working with JSON and other programming techniques used for UI.
- Experience in developing micro services with Springboot which runs on pivotal cloud foundry.
- Experience in test driven development
- Experience in Junit testing framework using Mockito for unit testing.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools and pipelines
- Experience in deploying applications on Tomcat using Jenkins, Pivotal Cloud Foundry or Google Cloud Platform, CI/CD using Jenkins.
- Hands on experience in Gradle for build activity and Log4J for application logging.
- Worked extensively on projects using MSSQL to encapsulate business logic in the database.
- Frameworks: Springboot
- Databases: MSSQL Server
- IDEs: Eclipse, IntelliJ, Visual studio code
- Build Tool: Gradle, Jenkins
- Testing: Junit, Mockito
- Operating Systems: Windows 10
- Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Google Cloud Platform
- Other Tools: Splunk, Dynatrace, GIT, SVN, Jira
Technical Skill Nice to Have
- Experience in pair programming
- Experience with Data Structures, Data Modeling, RDBMS
- Experience in working with Ford Agile Framework (backlogs, iterations, user stories, Jira tool, etc.)
B.E., B.Tech., MCA
No. of years of experience
3 to 5 years
Company: Ford Smart Mobility