Why you want to work for our Engineering team
The Engineering team is vital to the success of our current and emerging software developments. As part of this team, you will be able to deliver enhancements and customizations on new and existing products to make an impact for the business and our customers. As we continue to expand our product suite, we look for innovative team members to persevere in the ever-changing environment of technology. Our goal is to optimize our products to make sure our customers are mission ready.
The Software Developer is responsible for coding, testing and implementing products for Accruent’s software suites. Responsibilities include reviewing technical requirements and developing code in TypeScript, React, and MySQL Server for web-based enterprise applications on the ServiceNow platform.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
How you’ll make a difference
- Translate user stories and use cases into functional application features.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Knowledge of ServiceNow framework
- Knowledge of ServiceNow Business Rules, Client Scripts, UI Policies and UI Actions
- Knowledge of ServiceNow Roles & ACLs
- Knowledge of JS Framework technologies such as React and TypeScript
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with MySQL Server
- Experience implementing automated testing via unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning with Git and ServiceNow Update Sets
- Create product using a “test-driven design” approach.
- Ability to carry out all policies and procedures as established by the team, department or company at large.
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: respect, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude.
What you bring to the table
- 3+ years of experience building software applications
- 1+ years on the ServiceNow platform
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with MySQL Server
- Expertise in 3 or more of the following: Configuration Management, Service Portal, Service Catalog, Reporting, React, MySQL, and Restful Webservices
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter.
- Ability to reason logically and provide innovative solutions.
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details.
Good to have experience
- Experience with ServiceNow Certification & Release processes
- Knowledge of ServiceNow Architectural design
- Experience with HTML5, React, TypeScript
- MySQL server databases
- Agile development methodologies
- Expertise in building scalable enterprise web-based applications
- Experience with CI/CD processes