- Manage customer expectation and issues with software releases providing a prioritized list of requests to business unit per platform. Independently learn and investigate customer’s high value problem (HVP), systematic bug or systematic software failures.
- Troubleshoots a variety of difficult software problems and interface with engineering teams to improve product quality.
- Interfaces with external customers for requirements analysis and schedule.
- Manage software proliferation at customer sites. Deliver software implementations and manage customer to achieve project objectives.
- Performs customer specific software testing and analysis on bugs and enhancements.
- Track software performance and quality at external customer sites.
- Provide on-going training to customers and customer engineers (CE) for technical products and systems issues. Deliver updates and reports to managers, partners and peers.
- Assist in training junior level engineers in departmental procedures, corporate procedures, and detailed product operation. Lead work groups and troubleshooting forums.
Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Additional Job Description
Title: Senior Software Support Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities
- As a lead/senior software support engineer, your primary responsibility will be to resolve software issues reported from current product install base. You will be part of a cross functional team which will be responsible for successful deployment of software at customer site.
- Review and respond to customer/field issues and questions. Troubleshoot/validate issues reported from the field, and submit bug tracking reports.
- Responsible for verifying and validating software functionality. Make sure various customer use-cases can be satisfactorily met by the software.
- Act as an interface between the Customer and Software team related to new products/features for Requirement gathering and Spec clarification. Responsible for smooth transition from development to deployment and acceptance at the customer sites.
- Document software changes for new products, enhancements and defects. Work with
- Product team to gain strong domain and product functionality/architecture knowledge.
- Possess the ability to differentiate between hardware, software and other configuration issues. Looking into code to debug issues using source code is an added advantage.
- Manage Customer expectation to efficiently and professionally handle escalations. Ensure Software is not a showstopper for product success/performance.
- Install and configure software releases on engineering and process lab tools. Work with tool owners and HW/process engineers to debug and triage issues seen on tools in internal labs.
- Manage customer system configuration and setup for new products/features. Use software simulators to run customer scenarios for new products/features.
- Lead cross-platform software validation activities for new products/features.
- Develop and provide training to the field Software Support Engineers (SSEs) to ensure a fast response to customer’s software questions or issues.
- Track software performance at customer sites. Plan for First in FAB introductions to ensure successful deployments.
Experience, Skills and Educational Requirements
- Excellent analytical skills, methodical problem solving skills and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to interact with extended teams spread across the globe.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software product support
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer Science/Information Science/Electronics/Electrical/Instrumentation with strong back ground in Industrial automation software
- Background in Semiconductor Manufacturing/Industrial Automation is an added advantage
Strong understanding of SDLC
- Prior experience in SQA methodologies is an added advantage
- Basic exposure to programming languages like C, C++, Java is needed
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new skills and technologies as needed
- Ability to meet objectives, goals and deadlines with minimal supervision.
Company: Applied Material
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.