Responsible for providing low-level design and development support from initial concept through completion, manufacturing, and end-of-life phases of a project. Responsible for sustaining aspects of the product development life cycle: documentation updates, design changes based on incremental requirement changes based on product lifecycle, etc. Responsible for design tasks that are limited in scope with varying design and schedule requirements. Conducts analyses to identify, troubleshoot, diagnose, and/or debug technical issues. Applications may include analog, RF, and/or digital.
The responsibilities of this role include
- Works under some supervision.
- Provides some supervision/guidance to other members; does not have direct reports.
- Decisions are moderate in nature. Errors are detected and corrected with relatively minor financial impact or effect on projects, operations, or customer relationships. May require involvement beyond immediate work group to correct.
- Requires verbal and written communication skills to convey information that may be somewhat complex to others who may have limited knowledge of the subject in question. Role may require basic negotiation and influence, cooperation, tact, and diplomacy, etc.
- Has a moderate amount of influence over key organizational decisions (e.g., is consulted by senior leadership to make key decisions).
- Most tasks require multiple steps which can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework.
- Creativity is needed to draft original documents, imagery, or work products within established guidelines.
- Deductive problem solving is required to solve moderately complex problems; most problems have defined processes of diagnosis/detection; some limited data analysis may be required.
- Incumbent’s input may be solicited during strategic planning period.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs organizational or low-level design, development, process and/or product test support tasks. Executes modifications and revisions of electronic parts, software, system, components or circuitry with some supervision.
- Provides layout and design support for engineers and recommendations for midsized projects with some guidance.
- Produces or executes against spreadsheets, schematics, parts lists, and/or MCNs and all necessary documentation to complete a design with some supervision.
- Helps develop automated and execute manual and automated test plans, test cases, and test procedures. Reproduces and debugs moderately complex issues and generates test reports.
- Installs, upgrades, configures, and helps select equipment and/or components based on specifications, tolerances and reliability. Monitors equipment performance and analyzes moderately complex failures or malfunctions.
- Conducts analyses to identify, troubleshoot, and/or diagnose straightforward issues, escalating to leaders as needed.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots simple technical issues with minimal guidance.
- Gathers and integrates data and information from stakeholders to understand simple specifications and develop basic solutions.
- Manages and executes individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Adapts to significant changes and setbacks in order to manage pressure and meet deadlines.
- Collaborates with individuals inside own team and with other teams to complete project work.
- Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
- Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
- Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
- Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
- Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Work Experiences: 3+ years experience with design, development, R&D, or similar experience in Electronics or related area.
Education: Associates – Computer Science, Associates – Electrical Engineering, Associates – Electronic Engineering, Associates – Mathematics
1+ years of work experience in a leadership role with direct reports (only applies to positions with direct reports). ,1+ years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above). ,4+ years experience in a lab environment. ,4+ years experience with digital HW, SW, and/or analog RF troubleshooting and debugging. ,Military experience or training
Certification in Electronics or related area. – Any
Backup Software, Diagnostics, LAN WAN, Remote Software, Troubleshooting