- Advertisement -
Farnell, an Avnet company, is a global high-service distributor of technology products, services and solutions for electronic system design, maintenance and repair.
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Engineering or Computer Science required; preferred Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Experience in Customer-Facing roles, with a passion and drive to deliver an excellent customer experience
- Experience with NI Hardware Platforms (PXI, Modular Instruments, cDAQ and cRIO background). Working knowledge of LabVIEW programming including signal processing/ control functionality and integration with NI and 3rd party hardware.
- Product understanding of CompactRIO & CompactDAQ capabilities and module integration and hands on experience of NI system advisor to configure systems
- Ability to identify applicable hardware and software products needed to provide system level recommendations based on customer application needs. Production and bench system application and system configuration knowledge
- Experience with system integration and software (LabVIEW, TestStand, PXI, and/or C/C++) and hardware
- Possession of LabVIEW Developer and Certified TestStand Developer certifications or any of NI certifications (CLA, CLD, CLED, CTA, CTD) will be an added advantage
Accountabilities with Key Outcomes
The Technical Support Engineer focuses on delivering high quality technical support to both external and internal customers. As a Technical Support Engineer, you need a deep knowledge of NI products and apply that expertise to solving our customers’ problems and challenges, providing technical consultation.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of NI products
- Proactively develop and maintain a deep understanding of NI products and systems through formal training and continuous self-development.
- Providing timely, accurate and effective solutions to technical problems on all NI product lines for both external and internal customers over primarily phone and email communication channels.
- Assisting with appropriate training for internal team members on the NI portfolio
- Providing customer on boarding guidance on the installation and working functionality of software, hardware, and support products.
- Providing technical consulting on which hardware/ software to us based on end users application
- Continually learning and increasing knowledge and then documenting for the future use of wider team
- Utilising and broadening knowledge to work closely with internal teams, providing feedback on web content and customer requirements and feedback to improve customer experience
- Serve Sales, Customer Support, Quotes and Technical Support organization as the point of escalation for technical issues related to NI products
- Advertisement -
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.