Company: Hitachi Energy
The Hitachi Energy Indian Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1500 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The Hitachi Energy Indian Operations Center team at Chennai supports Hitachi Energy’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
Engineering Sales is focused on providing technical advice and support to sales teams and conducting technical analysis of product configurations to determine customer specific pricing including, Preparing and conducting technical sales briefings for customer and company representatives. Researching customer technical specifications and estimating the costs, resources, time, and technical requirements of modifying, configuring, and installing the product or solution. Evaluating sales proposals to ensure they are technically accurate and consistent with the organization’s quality standards. May resolve/troubleshoot implementation problems and conduct initial user training An Entry Professional (P1) applies broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education. May require the following proficiency: Work is closely supervised. Problems faced are not typically difficult or complex. Explains facts, policies and practices related to job area.
- You will be a part of the GIS Secondary Offer Engineering team.
- You will be supporting the Sales & Tendering engineers to develop Tender specific engineering documents and drawings for calculating right cost and drawings submission to customer as part of offer documentation.
- This role involves Secondary Engineering of Gas Insulated Switchgears (GIS) of transmission and sub-transmission systems.
- You will be an individual contributor who would deliver the tasks as per the given inputs and when required need to work in coordination with other colleagues and should exhibit good collaborative skills to complete the task.
- You may also interact with other departments like Primary engineering, Steel structure engineering, Project Management and Production units
- Preparation of panel layouts, schematic drawings and documents for customer submission for Local control cubicles, Control & protection panels, metering cabinets, terminal interfacing cabinets etc.
- The major deliverables are including but not limited to SLD, General arrangement, layout, mimic diagrams, schematic diagrams, interlocking diagrams etc.
- Preparation of Bill of material and cost estimation
- AC-DC load calculation
- Self-review & peer review of documents
- Coordinating with the other team members, Sales Support Engineers & Area sales Managers
- Strong in Design to value (DtV) and preparation on optimized solutions considering customer requirements.
- Directly responsible for maintaining and updating the documentation for respective Tenders as per quality process.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.E / Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Years of experience: 2 – 8 years in Tender or Execution.
- Technical or commercial background on university level or equivalent.
- Multi culture experience is a benefit.
- Excellent communication skills in English (German or French or Spanish language skills are added advantage.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.