Company: Rockwell Automation
Role: The designer will be an individual contributor involved in designing multilayer PCBs from schematic creation to manufacturing file generation.
- Schematic creation/modification using Mentor CAD tools (Xpedition, Designer, PADS and Board Station), board mechanical creation, design constraints settings, placement & routing, DRC verification, assembly & fabrication drawing creation, manufacturing files generation.
- Execute the assigned PCB Design projects, managing time to meet projects milestones and schedules.
- Work closely with cross functional teams during the design phase and provide the design status to stakeholders.
Experience: Must have 5-8 years of experience designing multilayer PCBs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following areas:
- Schematic Creation
- Schematic Verification using Electrical Rule Check
- Netlist generation
- Board Mechanical creation
- Design Constraints settings including stackup design, controlled impedance
- Parts placement
- Routing (Signal Integrity techniques)
- Design For Manufacturability (Placement, Routing, Board mechanicals, etc.)
- Design Rule Checking and Verification
- Assembly & Fabrication Drawing creation
- Assembly & Fabrication Data generation (Gerber & ODB++, BOM)
- Knowledge of electronic components
- Familiarity with AutoCAD software
- Design layout experience with Rigid, Flex, and Rigid-Flex assemblies
- Read and understand the provided Design Inputs and Design requirements with minimal supervision.
- Exercise independent judgment in making effective design and business decisions related to completing PCB development projects.
- Knowledge on Valor tool for Design verification is an added advantage.
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be a good team player and able to adapt to the work environment.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills with good working attitude.