The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Company: Aerial IQ
Role: Power-Electronics Engineer
Functional Area: Engineering
Employment type: Full time, Permanent
Industry: Aerospace (UAS)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test and improve high-performance DC-DC converters for various applications. Work on hardware systems including software development where required.
- Integration of power electronics systems, conduct performance evaluations, and troubleshoot any issues that may arise during integration of various electronics systems.
- Design and create and optimize printed circuit board (PCB) layouts for high-voltage power converters, ensuring safety, reliability, and manufacturability.
- Construct prototypes of required power electronics systems and perform rigorous testing to validate designs, troubleshoot issues, and optimize performance.
- Proficiency in embedded C programming to develop control algorithms and firmware for power electronics systems.
- Analyze and provide solutions to existing problems related to systems and integration related to different power requirements.
- Lead the design and development of new power supply technologies for improvements in performance and efficiency.
- Perform computer-based component, circuit, and system simulation to ensure design accuracy.
- Implement and perform validation tests and design-proving tests.
- Lead the development of component specifications, failure mode avoidance disciplines and core design validation
- Work on UAV/Drone power electronics systems
- Assist teams in UAV prototype design and build including development of ground control and communication systems
- Onsite UAV related testing, operations and demonstration activities
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of design specifications, test procedures, and project progress.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including electrical, mechanical, and software engineers, to integrate power electronics solutions into larger systems.
- Ensure that power electronics designs comply with EMC standards and regulations, minimizing interference and maintaining signal integrity.
Education/ Skills/ Experience:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Electrical engineering discipline
- At Least 3 years of industry hardware experience
- Hands-on experience on electronics hardware systems such as converters, electrical circuits, SMPS etc.
- Strong experience in analog and digital circuit design.
- Proven experience in Isolated and Non-isolated DC-DC Converters and AC-DC
- converters design
- Strong understanding of semiconductor switches like Mosfet, IGBT.
- Experience in simulation tools like Matlab, LTspice and microcontrollers.
- Experience in the testing and qualification of power supplies/power electronics circuits to
- Industrial standard.
- Familiarity with schematic and layout design using Altium designer.
- Ability to source components, PCBs and bespoke silicon devices
- Proficiency in C or C++ programming
- Experience of working with High voltage and High-power circuits.
- Ability to build prototype electronic devices including soldering and wiring
- Knowledge of embedded systems programming ST Microcontroller, RF system design
- Brief understanding of the UAV (Drones), Aerospace and Automotive principles
- Ability to source suitable components and manufacturers and manage those outsourcing
- Understanding of appropriate manufacturing processes
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a changing environment on complex
- Outstanding teamwork and an ability to interact with external and internal partners on
- fast-paced projects
- Creativity, strong problem-solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication, and
- presentation skills
- Self-starter and ability to work in a small start-up ecosystem