- Advertisement -
Company: GE Digital
Job Description Summary
Project Management/ Planning/ Coordinating activities typically in the context of a timely delivery of Turnkey Project. In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Project Manager will manage & delivery Turnkey projects for Electrical & Power Utilities (India/Global)
- Project execution and Controls includes Planning, Procurement, Factory integration & Testing, Site installation & Commissioning for Customer Projects which includes multiple deliverables like GE Software Solutions (AEMS, ADMS, GIS), Control Centres Hardware/IT infra, Substation related equipment, Third Party Solutions
- Manage the project budget and timeline and ensure the resources are available to complete the project within budget and on time to meet customer obligations
- Translate customer needs / requirements into detailed project plans while driving internal execution to meet project targets
- Manage a network of resources (including contractors) in support of project execution.
- Identify opportunities to expand the project in ways that bring value to our customer and satisfy GE profitability requirements. Negotiate change orders with the customers
- Take part in the writing of reports that describe the results of a project. Preparing, reviewing, and maintaining project documentation and reports
- Establishing and monitoring key performance indicators
- Ensure proper Lessons Learned exercises and be part of the continuous improvement initiative
- Participate in the development of proposals for projects
- Ensure that delivered products and services achieve highest quality and performance levels
- Ensure project’s OTD (On Time Delivery) while also continuously striving to improve projects’ TTV (Time To Value).
- Professionally represent GE during all customer communications
- Lead Small Projects independently and/or support Senior Project Manages in handling large & complex Turnkey projects
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university or college. Degree in Electrical/Power System/Electronics is preferred
- At least 2 additional years of experience in project planning, project management, engineering, or data analyst
- Any Project Management Certification (like PMP) and or any Finance certification is preferred
- Strong Analytical skills
- Ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve issues
- Ability working within a matrix organization and with minimum supervision
- The ability to work across different functions and sub regions
- Strong oral and written communication skills (Fluent in English)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize activities and respect deadlines
- Established analytical and project management ability
- Knowledge of contract structure and familiarity with contractual terms required (T&Cs).
- Understanding of accounting/financial principles with the ability to create and analyse financial and project reports.
- Strong PC skills required, including use of standard MS Office applications.
- Knowledge in using PM and project planning software tools; (like P6, MS Project)