- Advertisement -
What’s the role?
- Checks if the software meets specifications and that it fulfills its intended purpose.
- Creates, reviews, executes, and maintains functional test cases based on use cases and stakeholder input to cover the entire functionality of the program on the software qualification test layer.
- Understands and maintains existing automation test frameworks by changing existing or adding new test cases.
Performs different kind of tests such as
- Daily smoke tests for immediate feedback on current program quality and progress
- Weekly full test cycles (in lab and car) for a detailed and recurring validation of the implemented use cases in each release
- Field tests for validation of product in real life environment and in different markets
- Firmware validation to mitigate risks (broken test hardware) caused by immature firmware delivered by the integrator
- Creation of reports for all kind of tests containing the test environment, a test verdict, test execution results, observed bugs and if doable a comparison to previous releases.
- Covering the entire bug life cycle from creating understandable and complete bug reports over follow up, retest, bug fix validation and closure.
- Supports test planning and test management activities
- Provides forecast on realistic test schedules and communicates dependencies to implementation progress and test hardware availability.
- Supports program management and work streams with feedback on product quality, support of test execution and bug validation.
- Attends recurring program meetings (e.g., Sync with program management, error management, hardware alignment meetings).
- Actively supports continuous improvement and lessons learnt activities.
- Accessible for clarifications and discussions in project related communication channels (mail, confluence, chat groups).
- Apply quality engineering principles throughout the Agile product lifecycle
Who are you?
- Bachelors Engineering Degree in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering / Electronics Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in various test automation frameworks like Selenium with Cucumber, PyTest framework etc. is required
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Establishing automated testing strategies to ensure quality of SDK and app releases.
- Setting up the team’s test automation framework and integrate third-party testing services
- Integrate the testing framework with our GitLab-CI systems to support CD and release cycles in AWS environments.
- First point of contact for the development and implementation of automated integration and acceptance tests.
- Excellent collaborative skills as well as confidence in written and spoken English.
- Experience in reporting (JIRA/Zephyr, Confluence) and automating the reporting process.
- Experience in testing Rest APIs on back-end system and validating the data.
- Good knowledge in the conception and development of automated tests: Integration Tests, Acceptance Tests, Performance Tests.
- Experience in setting up Hardware environments and troubleshooting the issue for test automation.
- Having the following skills would be an added advantage:
- Programming ( Java/Scala/C++) and/or scripting ( Python/Java script) language proficiency is preferred
- Knowledge of location-based services such as mapping, navigation, GPS
Embedded system experience
- Experience with different DBs, Catalogs, protobuf etc.
- Knowledge on automation domain or automotive specific standards