This Job is closed but you can check more such jobs here.
ARM crafts the technology that is at the heart of sophisticated digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. ARM improves people’s lives by enabling the intelligence in affordable, easy-to-use electronic products that transform the way we live and work. We work in partnership with a global network of leading technology companies which are using our low-power technology. Together we are crafting the future of a better world.
ARM’s CPU group develops high performance CPU cores that drives many of today’s digital devices. Customers demand high quality and reliable IP, as the cost of design iterations is very high and shorter design cycles means that re-spins can be disastrous for the success of a product. Against this background, ARM has adopted a ‘right-first-time’ methodology and recognizes the need for dedicated verification engineers to work with the design team.
Verification of ARM CPUs is a tough challenge!! At ARM, several complementary methodologies are used to ensure that no bugs go undetected. ARM CPU Verification Engineers have and develop specialist skills and knowledge and apply both hardware and software skills to the validation task. They work closely with the designers to understand various areas of the design, so that the features are thoroughly validated. This requires an insight both of the ‘big picture’ at the architectural level and of the detail at the implementation level.
- Technical Contribution as part of Project teams to deliver effective ARM CPU IPs
- Design and development of verification stimulus, testbench and components needed for effective verification
- Execution of CPU DV with focus on improvement of IP quality; stress testing and bug hunting
- Effective communication skills, in terms of planning, reviews, status updates and meetings, as well as delivery against expectation
- Able to provide appropriate timescales for work assigned and assist in project planning by providing appropriate inputs to the specifications.
- Maintain a proficient knowledge of company processes in order to work constructively within given standards and methodologies
- Contribute towards efficiency improvement on verification tools and methodologies
- Support interpersonal development, mentor/coach team members for career development
Good university Degree in Microelectronics, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. Other Science graduates would be considered if they have relevant experience
- 2+ years of proven experience in an IP/SOC product development environment
- Experience with Design Verification/validation standard methodologies such as Test Plan development, Testbench development and measurable execution thereof.
- Familiar with verification of processors based on Assembly language or C/C++
- Familiar with Microprocessor and/or SoC Architecture and micro Architecture, preferably ARM processors and ARM processor based systems
- Languages: Verilog, C/C++, Assembly language, Perl
- Strong understanding of CPU Architecture/micro-architectures.
- Verification Languages such as System Verilog.
- Experience of ARM based System Designs, and hierarchical memory system