Board powered by Arm Cortex M7 that enables you to learn the Swift programming language and simultaneously develop innovative projects
Swift has been a general-purpose programming language that uses a fast approach to ensure safety, performance and develop well-built software design patterns. Its modern, lightweight syntax along with a capability to rectify common programming errors makes it a good choice for expressing complex ideas clearly and concisely. No wonder it is quite preferred for Apple devices and servers, and machine learning applications.
Leveraging such benefits, MadMachine, a community of developers focusing on the usage of Swift language on microcontrollers has launched the SwiftIO, a circuit board that utilises Swift programming language for running various kinds of electronics projects.
The SwiftIO works by sensing the environment to receive inputs from many sensors and subsequently affect its surroundings by controlling lights, motors and other actuators. The Swift framework and MadMachine IDE allow ease of writing the Swift code and downloading it on the board. It runs on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Despite many boards out there having gained popularity amongst electronics hobbyists (such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi), SwiftIO promises equivalent simplicity and power.
- Arduino-like hardware system for controlling a wide range of sensors, lights and motors with Swift.
- Swift learning tools that are 80 per cent less expensive than the cheapest iPad.
- Interactive STEM education platform that opens new avenues to learning modern programming.
- Modern and safe IoT features for a state-of-the-art electronics project, perfect for future IoT development.
Some of the built-in examples include:
- i.MX RT1052 Crossover Processor with Arm Cortex-M7 core @600MHz
- Micro SD card slot, supporting standard and high capacity SD cards
- Micro USB connector for power
- On-board USB to UART for serial communication
- 46 GPIO on left and right edges
- On-board GRB LED
- 12x 12-bit analogue to digital (ADC) converters
- 4 UART, 2 CAN, 2 IIC, and 2 SPI
- 14 PWM pins
The MadMachine SwiftIO is now available in 6 cm x 4 cm dimension for US$ 68.00. The SwiftIO Maker Kit for US$ 118.00 is also available.