- Power supply designed to deliver 3.5kW specifically for industrial applications.
- Power supply when connected in parallel up to 10 units, yielding up to 31.5kW.
COSEL Co, Ltd have launched the HCA3500TF, a 3-phase / 3-wire 3500W AC/DC enclosed power supply, which the company claims to be specifically optimized for industrial equipment such as high-frequency amplifiers, laser processing machines and robotics. The company’s press release says that the power supply is best suited to operate in harsh environments, requiring the power supply to deliver high power without Ventilation. According to the manufacturer, the power supply is crafted to ensure exceptional performance and is optimized to eradicate hotspots. As per the press release, the power supplies can be operated in an ambient temperature range of -10 to +70 degree Centigrade with a 0 to +55 degree Centigrade baseplate temperature.
The versatility of industrial equipment allows for its installation worldwide, and it can be powered by grids ranging from 200V to 400V. To improve load-balancing on their networks and reduce single-phase peak loading, system architects are inclined towards 3-Phase power solutions. As per the press release, the power supply is ideal for system architects as it is engineered to support 3-Phase three-wire Delta or 3-Phase three-wire Star installation. A diverse range of applications, such as measurement and analysis equipment, machine tools, and semiconductor manufacturing equipment, can benefit from the power supply. Moreover, the company says that the 65VDC model is suitable for powering Radio Frequency Power Amplifiers (RFPA) and charging 60V Lithium-Ion batteries.
The press release highlights that the power supply is specially designed for integrated industrial applications. To guarantee the highest levels of efficiency and thermal robustness, the Power supply uses an optimized, digitally controlled switching topology and a power stage consisting of Silicon Carbide (SiC) MOSFETs and Diodes to ensure maximum efficiency and thermal robustness. The power supply also includes inrush current limiting circuitry, overcurrent and overvoltage protection and thermal protection.
The key features include the following:
- 3-phase / 3-wire AC input with 180 to 528VAC wide range
- High efficiency up to 94%
- Active current sharing (Paralleled) up to 10 units (31.5kW)
- Digitally controlled topology and Wide Band Gap semiconductors
- Low profile: 65mm with cover (1.5U)
- 12VDC/1A auxiliary output
- operated in an ambient temperature range of -10 to +70C with a 0 to +55C baseplate temperature.
- Delivers 3.5kW