Anokiwave introduces a series of 5G ICs to boost the adoption of 5G in India.
Anokiwave 5G IC (source: Anokiwave)
Anokiwave, Inc. introduced three new variants of the 4th generation 5G ICs to address multiple 5G use cases, AWMF-0221, AWMF-0224 and AWMF-0210. The new ICs can address the 26 GHz 5G band recently auctioned in India. The modules offer high efficiency, linear output power, small form factor, which is suitable for developing low-cost 5G solutions. The 5G ICs are suitable for applications such as 5G base stations, Consumer Premise Equipment (CPEs), repeaters, etc.
All three models have an operational range from 24 to 30GHz. Moreover, these IC platforms can help accelerate India’s 26GHz network and 5G adoption. The AWMF-0221 is a dual polarization, quad channel, beamforming IC. The AWMF-0224 is a dual-channel IF up/ down converter with integrated PLL/ VCO while the AWMF-0210 is a single-channel IF up/down converter IC.
According to the company, the Gen-4 mmW silicon ICs offer a unique combination of the industry’s highest linear power, output efficiency devices and scalable architecture. All ICs support 3GPP-compliant 5G radio specs and high modulation bandwidths. The ICs also offer a complete mmW Active Antenna Innovator Kit as a reference design and starting platform to evaluate and accelerate mmW 5G antenna designs.
“With the high user density and exponentially increasing demand for data per capita, India is uniquely and perfectly suited for adoption of mmW 5G, and Anokiwave is delighted to bring its latest Gen-4 ICs to enable this build-out,” stated Abhishek Kapoor, Anokiwave VP of Sales. “Since the start of the mmW 5G market in 2016, Anokiwave has been the trusted choice of mmW silicon ICs for the ODMs and operators worldwide. Today I am honoured to bring this enabling technology to the country where I spent two decades growing up. I look forward to Anokiwave, the Indian network operators, industry players, and partners working together to democratize mmW 5G technology for 1.4 billion people”
Advantages of Anokiwave’s Gen-4 ICs
• Just two (2) IC types to build a complete mmW to IF 26 GHz 5G Active Antenna.
• Fewest ICs for high-performance mmW 5G active antenna front ends.
• Small form factor and lower DC power by leveraging high power efficiency (PAE%) and smart integration.
• Eliminate the need for radio level calibration by leveraging the patented Zero-Cal® feature.
• Flexibility to scale the design to meet specific radio performance, cost, power, and baseband requirements.
• Faster time to market by leveraging already available mmW antenna Innovator Kits