- Infineon Technologies and Fingerprint Cards have collaborated to enable mass deployment of biometric payment solutions that will facilitate card makers to integrate biometric semiconductors
- Enhanced sensor modules and ARM-based security controllers offer secure data storage and excellent performance
Biometric payment cards with integrated fingerprint sensor make contactless payments more convenient, more secure and hygienic by eliminating the need for PIN entries or signatures required for authorisation of high-value payments.
Infineon Technologies and Fingerprint Cards AB have now partnered to enable mass deployment of biometric payment solutions and provide card makers with biometric semiconductor solutions which make integration particularly cost-efficient and scalable. The fingerprint information is stored on the card’s embedded secure element and not shared with any third party, thus protecting the user’s credentials.
Fingerprints’ sensor modules, combined with Infineon’s 40 nm high-performance and energy-efficient security controllers based on the 32-bit ARM SecurCore® SC300™, fully support the requirements of biometric payment cards. They enable:
- Secured matching of the fingerprint image within the security controller where the private data is securely stored.
- Excellent contactless performance despite the increased power required.
- Convenient and reliable enrollment of sensitive biometric data in the card.
“Collaboration is key in the payment ecosystem, in which Infineon is a leading player. Together we will produce an optimised solution that will make it easier for card manufacturers to integrate biometrics into future generations of contactless payment cards, ultimately putting these cards into the hands of consumers around the world to enable a worry-free payment experience,” says Michel Roig, SVP Business Line Payments & Access at Fingerprints.