- The MediaTek Genio 700 is an energy-efficient chipset for smart home and industrial automation.
- The chipset is ARM SystemReady and features an ARM PSA certification for increased security.
Genio 700 from MediaTek is a 6nm IoT chipset for smart home and automation applications. The Genio 700 is powered by a couple of ARM A78 cores running at a frequency of 2.2GHz combined with six ARM A55 cores running at 2.0GHz. The combined processing power enables Genio 700 to deliver a capability of 4.0 TOPs AI accelerator. The chipset offers support for FHD60+4K60 display, as well as an ISP for better images. Moreover, it is capable of supporting 2 displays simultaneously. The chipset can enable designers to customize products using Yocto Linux, Ubuntu, and Android.
“When we launched the Genio family of IoT products last year, we designed the platform with the scalability and development support that brands need, paving the way for opportunities to continue expanding,” said Richard Lu, Vice President of MediaTek IoT Business Unit. “With a focus on industrial and smart home products, the Genio 700 is a perfect natural addition to the lineup to ensure we can provide the widest range of support possible to our customers.”
The MediaTek Genio 700 is built on a 6nm architecture that makes it super-energy efficient. It is suitable for use in harsh industrial setups with wide operating temperatures with 10 years of longevity. The chipset is ARM SystemReady and features an ARM PSA certification for increased security.
Features of the MediaTek Genio 700:
• Supports high-speed interfaces, including PCIe 2.0, USB 3.2 Gen1 and MIPI-CSI interface for camera
• Dual Display support FHD60+4K60 with AV1, VP9, H.265 and H.264 (video decode) support
• Support for industrial grade design and wide temp with 10 years longevity
• ARM SystemReady certification for providing a standard and easy way to integrate the platform
• ARM PSA certification for increased security