Fully integrated IEEE802.11ad compliant module guarantees over-the-air performance, maintaining the high-integrity of mmWave RF performance
Optimised for use both as a standalone device and with a parabolic reflector, the PRM2141 IEEE802.11ad/ay module from Peraso Technologies Inc. is fully tested to an over-the-air antenna input/output specification, thus maintaining the high-integrity of mmWave RF performance.
In a standalone configuration, the module supports a range of more than 500m. Additionally, the module supports beamforming and beam steering, thus allowing the adjustment of beam direction for optimal performance over long distances.
Key module features include:
- Fully integrated 802.11ad/ay MAC, PHY, mmWave radio and antenna
- 57 to 71GHz operation with support for 1.08 GHz channel centres
- 16 GHz and 1.08 GHz channel bandwidth
- 16-element integrated phased array antenna
- Full 2D beam steering (+/-45 deg. in both azimuth and elevation)
- Configurable beam tables optimised for use with both a parabolic reflector and standalone operation
- 38 dBm EIRP with all 16-elements active
- Automatic Rate Adaptation, Dynamic Beamforming, Automatic Calibrations
- -87dBm receive sensitivity at 1 Gbps data rate (standalone operation)
- 2 Gbps maximum data rate
- USB 3.0 data and control interface
- AES-128 encryption
- Single 5V power supply input
- 1PPS synchronization support
- Compact 35mm x 50mm form factor
The PRM2141 can be used in a variety of applications including PtP and PtMP links for fixed wireless access networks, private mmWave networks, 5G base station backhaul and V2X communications.