HEIDENHAIN’s new generation of specially optimized feedback tools expands with the introduction of LCxx6 series linear scale encoders.
HEIDENHAIN has launched a new series of linear scales. The product is designed with an optimized internal scanning system, this series is resistant to liquid contamination. It mainly focuses on position measurement on machine-tool linear axes.
The new series offers an optimized canning system that makes it easier to deploy. The scanning design utilizes true optimized optics, which ensures clear imaging even with contamination and condensation. This new series closes the gap in performance in harsh environments when compared to inductive scanning.
It provides several cost benefits to customers, such as :
- Reducing the mounting effort for the installer (no need to run line lines for an air purge system).
- Reducing operating cost (less air filter exchanges, less air purge consumption).
- Increasing machine efficiency (less machine downtime due to contaminated scales).
- Low signal noise
- Low interpolation error
- High traversing speed Good control loop performance for direct drives
- Low heat generation of the motor
The LC 116 / LC 416 encoders share the same profile and measuring lengths as the LC 1×5 / LC 4×5 encoders. The available accuracies are ±3µm and ±5µm in either EnDat22 and FANUC05 interfaces.