STMicroelectronics has introduced the STM32WB55xx and STM32WB35xx series of MCUs offering high performance at very low power and cost.
The STM32WB55xx and STM32WB35xx multiprotocol wireless and ultra-low-power devices embed a powerful and ultra-low-power radio compliant with the Bluetooth Low Energy SIG specification 5.3 and with IEEE 802.15.4-2011. They contain a dedicated Arm Cortex-M0+ for performing all the real-time low layer operations.
The devices are designed to be extremely low-power and are based on the high-performance Arm core operating at a frequency of up to 64 MHz. This core features a Floating point unit (FPU) single precision that supports all Arm single-precision data-processing instructions and data types. It also implements a full set of DSP instructions and a memory protection unit (MPU) that enhances application security.
Direct data transfer between memory and peripherals and from memory to memory is supported by fourteen DMA channels with a full flexible channel mapping by the DMAMUX peripheral. The devices feature several mechanisms for embedded flash memory and SRAM: readout protection, write protection and proprietary code readout protection. Portions of the memory can be secured for Cortex -M0+ exclusive access.
The two AES encryption engines, PKA, and RNG enable lower layer MAC and upper layer cryptography. A customer key storage feature may be used to keep the keys hidden. The devices offer a fast 12-bit ADC and two ultra-low-power comparators associated with a high accuracy reference voltage generator. These devices embed a low-power RTC, one advanced 16-bit timer, one general-purpose32-bit timer, two general-purpose 16-bit timers, and two 16-bit low-power timers.
- Up to 1 Mbyte of flash memory
- A Quad-SPI flash memory interface
- An extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals.
- Operating Temperature : -40 to +105 °C (+125 °C junction) and -40 to +85 °C (+105 °C junction)
- Pins : 48 to 129 Pins
- SMPS step-down converter with automatic bypass mode capability
- One USART ,
- One low- power UART (LPUART),
- Two I2Cs (SMBus/PMBus),
- Two SPIs (one for STM32WB35xx) up to 32 MHz,
- One serial audio interface (SAI) with two channels and three PDMs,
- One USB 2.0 FS device with embedded crystal-less oscillator,
- Integrated LCD driver up to 8×40 or 4×44
- Up to 18 capacitive sensing channels