Amplifier IC Development Tools TAS2783 evaluation module for digital input mono Class-D audio amplifier with speaker IV sense.
Texas Instruments has introduced TAS2783EVM Amplifier Evaluation Module (EVM) which is designed to demonstrate the performance of TAS2783 in a mono configuration. The design utilizes an onboard controller to provide a connection interface and supply voltages.
TAS2783 is a digital-input, mono, Class-D audio amplifier optimized for efficiently driving high peak power into various loudspeakers for various audio applications. Y-Bridge technique is implemented at the amplifier’s output stage so that the device can change from two different voltage rails depending on the amount of power required at the output, improving efficiency significantly at lower power.
The TAS2783 Class-D amplifier can deliver 25W of output power into a 4Ω load at a source voltage of 16V. To protect the device from mechanical or electrical damage, integrated speaker voltage and current sense provide real-time monitoring of speaker parameters like DC resistance and resonant frequency. Texas Instruments TAS2783 supports SoundWire and I2S/TDM, I2C interfaces.
- Operating Supply Voltage : 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- Interface type : I2C, I2S, SPI
- For Use with : Audio Amplifiers
- Product Type : Amplifier IC Development Tools
- Includes Soundwire SmartAMP and SimpleAMP
- Onboard USB interface and cable for connection to PC with a Microsoft Windows 7+ operating system