Analog Devices has introduced LT8376 60V, 3A step down LED-driver which utilizes a fixed frequency and provides PWM dimming for a string of LEDs.
The LT8376 LED driver utilizes a current monitor enabling constant device observation. Therefore improving the product life cycle. It also comes with an accurate EN/UVLO pin threshold and an open-drain fault reporting for open-circuit and short-circuit load conditions, and thermal shutdown. These features make the device smart for various automation applications.
The device offers spread spectrum modulation. This improves the operative distance and reduces the multipath path fading. The device is a monolithic, synchronous, step-down DC/DC converter that utilizes fixed-frequency, peak current control and provides PWM dimming for a string of LEDs. The LED current is programmed by an analog voltage or the duty cycle of pulses at the CTRL pin. An output voltage limit can be set with a resistor divider to the FB pin.
The switching frequency is programmable from 200kHz to 2MHz by an external resistor at the RT pin or by an external clock at the SYNC/SPRD pin. With the optional spread spectrum frequency modulation enabled, the frequency varies from 100% to 125% to reduce EMI. The LT8376 also includes a driver for an external, high side PMOS for PWM dimming and an internal PWM signal generator for analog control of PWM dimming when an external signal is not available.
- ±1.5% LED Current Regulation
- ±2% Output Voltage Regulation
- 5000:1 PWM Dimming at 100Hz
- 128:1 Internal PWM Dimming
- Spread-Spectrum Frequency Modulation
- Silent Switcher® Architecture for Low EMI
- 3.6V to 60V Input Voltage Range
- 0V to 60V LED String Voltage
- 3A, 60V Internal Switches
- 200kHz to 2MHz with SYNC Function
- 99.9% Maximum Duty Cycle
- 20:1 Analog or Duty Cycle LED Current Control
- Open/Short LED Protection and Fault Indication
- Accurate LED Current Sense with Monitor Output
- Programmable UVLO
- Thermally Enhanced 28-Lead (4mm × 5mm) LQFN