Tektronix’s new PCIe 6.0 Receiver Test Solution addresses performance demands of the next generation of high performance systems.
In a world of increasing demand for faster devices, engineers need the ability to test more and more data as it is transferred at increasing speeds. Data-intensive markets like artificial intelligence (AI), cloud, and data centers use PCIe as a de-facto standard. Current tech standards provide fast speeds to handle such workloads. But testing brings a unique set of challenges to companies charged with integrating PCIe 6.0 on their devices. PCIe receiver validation is notoriously difficult due to the sensitivity of calibrating the stressed eye signal across a high loss channel.
Tektronix’s PCIe receiver test solutions provide thoroughly tested designs at the required bit error rate (BER) target. The intuitive step-by-step tools provide link training routines for the Anritsu MP1900A BERT to ensure the receiver is tested accurately. Tektronix touted that the device includes the fastest 64 GT/s (PAM4) Rx calibration in the industry.
The PAMJET DSP tool provides critical 64 GT/s jitter and noise measurements with advanced instrument noise compensation. This fully automated solution leverages the first-to-market 6.0 Base Tx solution techniques and enhances the capabilities to address Receiver challenges at the latest data rate introduced by the PCI Special Interest Group (PCI-SIG).
- PCIe 6.0 (64 GT/s) automated test solution runs on the Tektronix DPO70000SX series real-time oscilloscope and the Anritsu MP1900A BERT
- First fully automated PCIe 6.0 Rx stressed eye calibration with the Anritsu MP1900A BERT
- High accuracy calibration of jitter and noise by compensating the instrumentation intrinsic noise floor
- Full short- and long-channel 64 GT/s Rx calibration completed in four hours or less
- High-fidelity measurements using the Tektronix PAMJET DSP engine
- Intuitive wizard-based GUI provides guidance at decision points to ensure efficiency