ams OSRAM has introduced a Multi-Spectral Sensor that can be optimized for reflective, transmissive and emissive measurements.
Spectroscopy refers to the investigation and measurement of spectra produced when matter interacts with or emits electromagnetic radiation. This is widely adapted in medical as well as in chip designing as well. It also extends to military applications. But measuring a wide range of spectrums without using a ‘wide’ amount of sensors is not a feasible way to do so.
ams OSRAM has introduced AS7343L, a 13-Channel Multi-Spectral Sensor designed for spectral identification of lateral flow particle markers. The AS7343L is a highly versatile sensor ideal for enabling recent laboratory applications. The device is optimized for reflective, transmissive, and emissive measurements. These include lateral flow test applications, fluid or reagent analysis, color matching, and spectral identification in the visible range.
The ams OSRAM AS7343L 13-Channel Multispectral Sensors offer 13 individual channels covering a 380 nm to 1000nm spectral range. Eleven channels are centered in the visible spectrum (VIS), plus one near-infrared (NIR) and a clear channel providing a full spectral reconstruction of the incoming light.
The sensors integrate high-precision optical filters onto standard CMOS silicon through deposited interference filter technology. A built-in aperture controls the light entering the sensor array to increase accuracy, and a programmable digital GPIO and LED driver facilitates light source and trigger/sync control. Device control and spectral data access are implemented through a serial I²C interface.
The AS7343L is housed in an ultra-low profile package with dimensions of 3.1mm x 2mm x 1mm.
- 11 optical channels distributed over VIS, including XYZ
- 1 channel in Near Infrared region (NIR)
- Including an additional Clear Channel
- 6 parallel ADCs for signal processing
- Ultra-low-profile package 3.1mm x 2mm x 1mm
- Spectral information & XYZ backwards compatibility enables spectrometer-like measurements of color changes or fluorescent light emissions
- Highest sensitivity vs. channel-count of the multi-purpose Point of care diagnostics product family
- Optimized channel count and signal processing for fast measurements
- Highly compact, cost-effective packaging for best ultra-high integration