- TDK Corporation’s Open Mode chip varistor protects against transient surge voltages and can handle excessive bending stress
- The component is ideal for battery connected automotive applications
The new three types of the B725*0G1140S862 series surge protection components have:
- Operating voltage of 14 VRMS or a maximum direct voltage of 16 VDC
- Surge current capability of 120 A, 200 A and 400 A, with each 8/20 µs
- Wide temperature range operability of -55 degrees Celsius to +150 degrees Celsius.
|Operating voltage, max. [V]||Surge current, max. (8/20 µs) [A]||Terminal voltage
The new chip varistors are available in sizes EIA 0805, 1206 and 1210. They are ISO 7637-2 certified and meet the failsafe requirements according to the VW standard VW 80808.