The world’s smallest tactile switches for use in smart wearables, health monitoring devices, and other battery-powered IoT devices.
Littlefuse Nano2 fuse switches are one of the world’s smallest tactile switches. These miniature, low-voltage fuse switches are designed for use in circuits with a voltage rating of up to 250 VAC or 60 VDC. They are available in a variety of sizes, from 2.5 x 2.5 mm to 5 x 7 mm, and are designed to protect circuits from overcurrent and short circuit conditions.
The switches have a compact size and a high interrupting rating, making them suitable for use in a wide range of applications, including consumer electronics, automotive systems, and industrial control systems. These fuses are designed to meet the demands of high density circuit boards and are compatible with standard surface mount assembly processes. The Nano2 fuse switches are suitable for use in smart wearables, health monitoring devices, and other battery-powered IoT devices.
“We are excited to release the NanoT switches, the world’s smallest tactile solution currently available for high-end portable, wearable consumer and medical applications,” said Daisy Liu, Global Product Manager at C&K Switches, now part of Littelfuse. “They provide the smallest size, IP67 waterproof tact switch available. They use the surface-mount technology (SMT) reflow process for the top version and Pin-in-Paste (PIP) reflow process for the side version. As a result, this product addresses the market’s demand for smaller components while providing our customers with the ability to deliver high quality and high performance in their latest designs.”
Advantages of NanoT:
• Ultra-compact size enables designers to add functionality or reduce PCB size, providing significant space-saving over other solutions on the market.
• Side-actuated package (2.2 x 1.70 x 1.65 mm) saves 35%.
• Top-actuated package (2.1 x 1.65 x 0.55 mm) saves 20%.
• PIP or SMT edge-mount versions allow excellent resistance to shock and shear testing, improving equipment lifetime while reducing layers of protections
• Life cycles up to 300K offer greater reliability, reducing the chance of costly repairs.
• IP67 provides end-user customers with the high reliability of waterproof functionality.
• Operation force options of 100, 160, and 240 gf provide the most common versions required by the market.