Microchip Technology Inc. has recently launched 32-bit MCU that provides features such as Functional Safety, Enhanced Capacitive Touch, and Secure Boot Option
The new PIC32CM JH microcontroller includes advanced touch with a Driven shield plus that lacking in existing MCUs. It also provides noise and water-tolerant operability that makes it essential for household appliances. Industrial and Automotive applications need touch that can efficiently work even in harsh environments. It operates on the Arm Cortex-M0+ architecture and provides AUTOSAR support, Memory-Built-In Self-Test (MBIST), and secure boot. The PIC32CM JH MCU has extended memory options up to 512 KB of Flash and 64 KB to assist you to develop designs that need functional safety, enhanced touch, or security.
The developers can easily implement the PIC32CM JH MCU as it comes with functional safety collateral such as a safety manual, Failure Modes Effects and Diagnostic Analysis (FMEDA), and diagnostic code targeting ISO 26262 ASIL B (Automotive Safety Integrity Level) safety levels. There is no space for malicious code to be loaded onto the MCU as a secure boot works as a part of this MCU hardware that authenticates the code to make sure it is valid. Other hardware features that make this MCU more efficient are it is included on the PIC32CM JH MCU are Error Correction Code (ECC) with fault injection, loopbacks on the communications interfaces, system memory protection unit, and MBIST, all of which are safety mechanisms used to meet ISO 26262, IEC 61508, and IEC 60730 standards. When paired with TA100 CryptoAutomotive security ICs, this MCU is compliant with ISO/SAE 21434 which is the new Cybersecurity Standard for Automotive.
Other Important Features:
- CPU clock speeds up to 48 MHz
- Operating voltage of 2.7V–5.5V ensures the best possible signal-to-noise ratio and robustness in terms of noise immunity, EMC, ESD and latch-up
- Dual 12-bit simultaneous sampling Analog-to-Digital Converters (ADCs)
- Positional Decoder (PDEC) for motor control
- Timer/Counter for Control (TCC) peripheral provides dedicated timers for industrial and motor control
- Flexible peripherals include four Serial Communication Modules (SERCOMs) that can be configured to act as a USART, UART, SPI, I2C, RS485, or LIN bus interface
- 12-channel Direct Memory Access (DMA) controller with Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) module
- Pin compatible with the SAM C21 family in the 32-pin, 48-pin, and, 64-pin packages
- AUTOSAR ASIL B MCALs