Acceleration DIMM (AXDIMM), a flexible near-memory acceleration platform that allows developers to implement various functions in memory modules along with Samsung is actively seeking out new and innovative applications for AXDIMM.
About the Challenge
The Open Innovation Contest is a collaboration between industry and academia to advance memory system research and inspire technological innovation
The contest is looking for ideas as to how AXDIMM could be utilised to create future value.
- Competition is open to all university professors and students, including part-time /
full-time and undergraduate/graduate students in the United States and
- Teams must include a professor from an accredited university. (One professor can participate on multiple teams.)
- Teams have a maximum of 5 participants. (including a supervising professor)
- Multiple teams can apply from one university/college.
Application Period: September 30th – November 15th, 2021
Application Deadline: November 15th, 2021 EOD
Proposal submission window opens: September 2021
Proposal submission window closes: November 2021
Finalists announced (5 teams): December 2021
R&D results, workshop: July 2022
Winners announced (3 teams): August 2022
Five finalists selected on December 15, 2021 will work on their proposed ideas until July 15, 2022. (A system with AXDIMM will be provided virtually during the Contest(R&D) period)
- Five finalists will receive a one-time R&D incentive of $10,000
- Top 3 teams will receive the following prizes:
1st place: $50,000 / 2nd place: $30,000 / 3rd place: $10,000
(Before tax withholding, subject to taxation laws depending on country and region)
- Winning ideas may be considered for Samsung research programs after the Contest has concluded
For registrations visit https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/newsroom/events/open-innovation-contest/#application