Offers increased resistance against electromagnetic interference, vibration and thermal shock for railway and transportation systems
The THN 20WIR series is a family of ruggedised 20 Watt DC-DC converters for high reliability in harsh environments, expanding the existing railway range in the 1” x 1” package up to 20 Watt. The THN 20WIR has a wide 4:1 input range and increased resistance against electromagnetic interference, shock/vibration and thermal shock and come in a compact six-sided shielded 1” x 1” metal package.
The innovative design provides high efficiencies up to 91% and thus enables an operating temperature range from -40 to +65°C without derating. The approvals according to standards EN 50155 and EN 61373 qualify them for railway and transportation systems. Additional qualification for the fire behaviour of components according to EN 45545-2 and the safety approval according to IEC/EN 62368-1, UL62368-1 support a potential compliance test of the application. Built-in features like an internal EN 55032 class A filter, input under-voltage-lockout, short circuit protection, remote On/Off and output voltage trim make this series suitable for almost any application demands and thus facilitate the design-in process.
In summary, the features are:
• Compact 1” x 1” metal package
• EN 50155 and EN 61373 approval for railway applications
• Qualification for fire behaviour according to EN 45545-2
• Wide 4:1 input voltage: 9-36, 18-75, 36-160 VDC
• Operating temperature range -40 to +65 °C without derating
• High efficiency up to 91%
• 3000 VDC I/O-isolation
• Protection against overload, overvoltage and short circuit
• Remote On/Off and Trim function
• 3-year product warranty