- Based on the u-blox F10 platform, equipped with L1/L5 dual-band technology and effective multipath mitigation.
- Navigate the future with precision and reliability, complemented by the newly launched antenna, for multi-constellation support even in the most challenging environments.
U-blox has unveiled the newest addition to its product lineup, the u-blox NEO-F10N positioning module. Leveraging the reliable u-blox NEO form factor, this advanced module incorporates the formidable u-blox F10 dual-band Global navigation satellite system (GNSS) technology. It offers substantial meter-level position accuracy in urban environments by supporting L1/L5 GNSS bands from several constellations, including NavIC.
The module features upgradeable firmware that can be tailored to accommodate various applications. It is a choice for ventures ranging from vehicle aftermarket telematics and micromobility markets to various industrial applications where meter-level position accuracy is paramount. Primary attributes encompass:
- Enhanced accuracy in urban settings through effective multipath mitigation
- Superior immunity to RF interference, especially alongside co-located cellular modems
- Demonstrated outstanding performance even when coupled with compact antennas
- Future-ready designs facilitated by upgradeable firmware
- Hassle-free transition facilitated by pin compatibility with earlier NEO products
Benefiting from resistance to multipath interference, it optimises positional accuracy in urban landscapes. By utilising signals from both L1 and L5 bands, this module attains an improvement in accuracy compared to utilising the L1 band in isolation. Where L1 band-enabled receivers can pinpoint the road on which a vehicle is located, integrating both L1 and L5 bands allows for identifying the precise lane or side of the road. Existing users of receivers built on modules can transition to the new generation easily. This updated module amplifies accuracy and minimises power usage, presenting an alternative for customers reluctant to implement DR (dead reckoning) systems.
Due to the dual Surface acoustic wave (SAW) filter and low-noise amplifiers (LNA) incorporated in the radio frequency (RF) front end, the module guarantees a level of immunity to out-of-band RF interference. This makes it well-suited for operations involving close proximity cellular modems. In addition, the company is launching the ANN-MB5 L1/L5 antenna, further bolstering the prowess of the dual-band solution. This custom-designed antenna gives customers a dependable and straightforward choice for meter-level applications necessitating multi-band and multi-constellation support, even in the most demanding settings.