Overall Purpose of the job
Provide prospects and customers with quality technical support in both pre and post sales situations. Understand and solve their challenging applications problems, through providing the correct Watson-Marlow solution. Be the customer’s champion to meet their technical need. Post sale, be responsible for installation and after sales technical support. Build expertise in trouble shooting and repairing Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group products.
This role will focus on
- Be the technical face of WMFTG to customers in allied technology areas, for applications & service support, across industry domains. Resolve problems in usage of WMFTG products in their applications. Be viewed as ‘WMFTG expert’
- Responsible for servicing of WMFTG products both within the service centre and onsite across the country.
- Ready to travel across the country for customer satisfaction and resolving onsite issues.
- Gain thorough understanding of customer needs, extend support with technical details, present technology benefits and value of solution, that enables customers make a judicious choice on WMFTG products
- Perform installations, conduct demos, trials and trainings and share best practices on use and maintenance of WMFTG solutions
- Develop and maintain quality, long-term customer relationship
- Be profit centre oriented. Create avenues for revenue stream through maintenance contracts, sale of services and spares. Win and execute service support orders / contracts. Focus on execution and meet goals
- Maintain call logs, service and maintenance schedules, execute major account support plans. Manage Service depot, tools, spares and service inventory. Experience with CRM tool will be an advantage
- Participate jointly with Sales in strategic customer meetings, technical committee meetings, order finalisation on need basis and issue resolution. Support customer seminars, participate user group forums, exhibitions & tradeshows, member trade associations meetings. Build and provide technical and application content for presentations
- Track competition. Support sales with competitor analysis, build lock-out specifications and tender compliance. Engage team on value-strategies to beat competition. Work through the complete Eco-system, including but not limited to Technical Consultants, Contractors, OEMs, Channels and Users. Call high and across all levels within customer Organisation
- Update CRM / database. Meet reporting timelines. Contribute in meets
- Work coherently as ‘one team’ with high standards of team spirit, extend cross-functional and territory support, share opportunities and success, contribute to enable success for all
- Obtain and provide Voice of Customer
- Adhere to Company Business Practices. Align to policies and procedures. Contribute to an ethical work culture. Maintain high standards of integrity
Personal / Other:
- Build a Personal Development Plan and be focused to deliver to it. Always understand the contribution of personal growth to organisational goals and vice versa. Strive to beat your personal goals and targets
- Participate actively in performance review meetings with your manager
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must pass through the physical examination organized by company. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To be successful in this role, you will need
Qualifications: Electronics / Electrical Engineer
Experience: 4-8 years hands on experience in repairs of electromechanical pumps, positive displacement pumps, VFD’s / instruments. Providing customers, application engineering support in the field. Experience in installation and commissioning, IQ/OQ, onsite repairs of fluid-handling products / systems, with knowledge of industry best practices. Adept at mechanical engineering and basic electronics card-level repair. Prior experience in shop floor maintenance in Process industry desirable.
Complexity: Multi-task with Applications, Installation, Field Service support and Depot Repairs. Manage well, both external and internal customers. Seek and extend alternates to any problem – be solution oriented. The key to your success would be in managing customer expectations and bringing delight in their experience with WMFTG.
Decision-making: Prioritise tasks while maintaining desired levels of customer satisfaction. Strike right balance between cost centre objectives and no-charge support. Be dynamic and prudent in use of optimum resources to meet given objective.
Contacts: Excellent customer relations, ability to Network, Create and bring strong reference pool. Have multiplying effect on Sales through rich quality of service support.
Team: Ability to work with diverse teams. Interact with application and service teams pan Europe factories. Can forge synergy with Sales team, contributing actively to overall success.
Respondent to have excellent communications skills with good command over written and spoken English.
Closing date: March 22
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.