Littelfuse, Inc. announced the new ITV4030, a series of 22 amp, three-terminal, surface-mountable Li-ion battery protectors.
These 4.0 x 3.0 mm devices protect battery packs against overcurrent and overcharging (overvoltage) conditions. The innovative design uses embedded fuse and heater elements that provide fast response and reliable performance to interrupt the charging or discharging circuit before the battery pack becomes overcharged or overheated.
The ITV4030 Battery Protector is ideal for use in a wide range of data communications interfaces for consumer electronics, including:
- Power tools
- Robotic appliances
- E-bikes and e-scooters
- Emergency radios and eCall
“The ITV4030 is a 22 amp rated device, which extends our ITV line of li-ion battery protectors to provide more options for electronics designers,” said Stephen Li, Global Product Manager at Littelfuse. “Expanding our portfolio of three-terminal surface-mountable battery pack protectors enables us to provide these innovative solutions to a broader range of applications.”
The ITV4030 offers these key benefits:
- Fast response time and low internal resistance help prevent battery pack damage caused by overcurrent and overcharging.
- Surface mountable design simplifies automated PC board assembly processes.
- Certifications from UL and TUV aids in securing approvals with meeting industry compliance requirements.
- Environmentally friendly component that is halogen-free and RoHS compliant.
How it works: An embedded three-terminal fuse cuts off the circuit when overcurrent issues occur. A heater element, directly embedded under the fuse element, generates enough heat to blow the fuse once overcharging is detected by IC or FET.