The high power density solution incorporates good thermal performance and best-in-class current sense accuracy for mobile charging
Claimed to be the world’s first highly-integrated 60W wireless power in a single chip transmitter/receiver, the P9418 delivers wireless charging for portable computing devices such as smartphones, laptops and notebook devices.
Based on WattShare technology, the wireless power transmitter/receiver IC (TRx) can be configured to transmit or receive an AC power signal through magnetic induction. The new P9418 also delivers advanced telemetry and charging protocols required for high-power applications, providing an easy upgrade path for existing customers.
- Single-chip WPC medium power wireless solution
- Delivers up to 60W as a receiver in highest power density solution
- WattShare (TRx ) mode with up to 10W Tx capability
- Embedded 32-bit ARM Cortex-M0 processor
- Best-in-class IOUT current sensing accuracy for enhanced foreign object detection capabilities
- MTP non-volatile memory for easy firmware and device function updates
- Bi-directional communications to support proprietary authentication with encryption
- Supports I2C 400kHz standard interface and GPIOs
- WPC 1.2.4 compliant and various proprietary charging modes
The P9418 wireless charging receiver can also be combined with USB Type-C power delivery and battery charging solutions for accelerated development of applications.
The P9418 60W wireless power receiver is now available from Renesas Electronics Corporation.