Infosys has launched Infosys Mana, a platform that brings machine learning together with the deep knowledge of an organisation, to drive automation and innovation – enabling businesses to continuously reinvent their system landscapes.
Mana, with the Infosys Aikido service offerings, dramatically lowers the cost of maintenance for both physical and digital assets; captures the knowledge and know-how of people, and fragmented and complex systems; simplifies the continuous renovation of core business processes; and enables businesses to bring new and delightful user experiences leveraging state of the art technology.
Over the last 35 years, Infosys has maintained, operated and managed systems with global clients across every industry. Building on this deep experience, Infosys has recognized the need to bring artificial intelligence to the enterprise in a meaningful and purposeful way; in a way that leverages the power of automation for repetitive tasks and frees people to focus on the higher value work, and on breakthrough innovation.
Today’s AI technologies address part of this with learning and information; Infosys is now bringing this together in a fundamental way with knowledge and understanding of the business and the IT landscape – critical knowledge that is locked inside source code, application silos, maintenance logs, exception tickets and individual employees.
Infosys has already started working with a number of clients:
· For a company with a large fleet of field engineers, individual productivity improved by up to 50% by utilizing the self-learning capabilities of the platform
· For a major global telecommunications firm entry effort of agents was reduced by up to 80% by automating order validation and removing the need for corrective processes
· For a global food and beverage manufacturer, Mana assisted sales managers in automating the sales planning processes by automatically resolving maintenance tickets of recurring issues. As the system self-learned, over time it provided solutions to known problems automatically, helping reduce the time required to provide a solution to a maintenance problem
“Purposeful AI is about leveraging technology to amplify people. We can automate the repetitive, mechanizable tasks; we can capture the knowledge and know-how across people and long-lived systems and bring this knowledge back inside the systems to drive more value; and in doing these things we can free people to put all of our creativity, passion, and imagination into thinking about the bigger opportunities ahead of us.
The word mana, from the Polynesian word for a pervasive spiritual force, and similarly used in many languages and cultures around the world, is an excellent inspiration for our endeavor to bring this purposeful AI to the enterprise.”
— Dr. Vishal Sikka, CEO & Managing Director, Infosys
The Mana platform is part of the Infosys Aikido framework that helps companies undertake non-disruptive transformation of their existing landscapes
· Ki: capturing the knowledge within legacy systems to renew, accelerate and enable them to bring entirely new experiences
· Ai: delivering open, intelligent platforms that bring transformation – new kinds of applications, software tools, unprecedented levels of data processing, a radical new cost performance
· Dō: design-led services which bring a Design Thinking approach that starts with a deep understanding of a client’s business and IT objectives, its users and customers, to find their most critical problems and biggest opportunities
Infosys Mana is comprised of three integrated components all of which are based on open source technology:
· Infosys Information Platform – an open source data analytics platform that enables businesses to operationalize their data assets and uncover new opportunities for rapid innovation and growth
· Infosys Automation Platform- a platform that continuously learns routing logic, resolution processes and diagnosis logic to build a knowledge base that grows and adapts to changes in the underlying systems
· Infosys Knowledge Platform – a platform to capture, formalize and process knowledge and its representation in a powerful ontology based structure that allows for the reuse of knowledge as underlying systems change