Innovate to solve the world’s most important challenges
This position provides an exciting opportunity to advance your Engineering and Engineering Services career within one of the Honeywell’s most dynamic COEs. This Senior Advanced Hardware Engineer role is responsible for driving and supporting project that focuses on cost reduction of existing mass volume products across all Honeywell HBT BMS portfolio through strong Hardware Design expertise to ensure all the proposal are accurately evaluated and implemented in collaboration with Global Engineering team. As example of the products can be mentioned like building controllers, control panels, Valves and actuators, Peripherals etc. This role is also responsible to identify product cost savings opportunities through vendor change of used electronic & mechanical components as well through electronic circuit design & mechanical system design changes. Lead projects that implement these changes, collaborate with the design teams and ISC (integrated supply chain), prepare test plan, perform or coordinate tests of the component and final product in the laboratory, prepare test report – all that to make sure the product after cost reduction change works as per specification and with unchanged quality. Implement the change in the mass production factory with the ability to multi task between engineering and non-engineering activities. Good communication and negotiation skills are required daily basis in connection with enablers involved in these projects – Design teams, ISC, Manufacturing site, Suppliers.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations
- Working experience in Value analysis and value engineering, component engineering
- Good understanding in Obsolescence management
- Responsible and accountable for all Value & Component engineering projects and their implementation through collaborative effort with Engineering teams.
- Review the current Electronic board design considering the current technologies in terms of component, materials & process, propose ideations to reduce BoM cost either by redesign & optimization.
- Ability to redesign the electronic circuits to reduce the product cost. Should be able to drive and participate in Cost reduction Idea generation for existing products & perform or support feasibility review of new ideas assigned.
- Very good know-how of analog (OPAMPS, BJT, MOSFET etc…) & digital design (Micro controller’s ADC, DAC, memory devices etc.), knowledge of electronic circuits, power supplies, connectors and subsystems, experience with conditional qualification testing.
- Study and understand PCB Schematics and Layout Design documents with respect to new component proposals.
- Experience in Hardware Component Selection process, Application specifications and ability to identify CTQs.
- Mitigate all technical road blocks and drive implementation of proposed ideations. Ability to predict and quantify design risk in terms existing and new components / proposals.
- Total cost model preparation and approval – collecting project data such as cost of engineering services, capital investment, other services, projects length, etc. and define the Return on Investment.
- Test Plan preparation, Component and Product level Qualification – Prepare the specific Test plan, Support, Perform the required testing in the laboratory for the projects to make sure the ideas / alternative component will satisfy all requirements and final product performance meets the specification.
- Experience in Value & Component engineering, Design to Cost & Should Costing methodologies.
- Experience in one or more of the below products
– Valves and Actuators
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering is a must; Masters Degree in Engineering is an added advantage.
- 5-8 Years of professional experience in Hardware Design, strong fundamental knowledge in electrical, analog, digital and power electronics engineering and Value & Component Engineering methodologies.
- Hands-on experience in redesigning of small to medium hardware (Analog, Digital, Power Supplies, etc.) centric projects
- Essential deep knowledge of electronic components, their parameters and characteristics, knowledge of electronic circuits and subsystems, experience with conditional qualification testing
- Experience to full design Product Development Lifecycle
- Simulation tools, UL/EN/CE standards, statistical methods and tools, MS Office
- Very good written and spoken English, very good communication and negotiation skills, work in the international team, ability of multitasking.
You Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a technical discipline such as the sciences, technology, engineering or mathematics
- Basic knowledge of hardware engineering standards and specifications
- Excellent computer literac
- Ability to focus on important information and identify key details
- Capability of following guidelines and ensuring efficiency on given project tasks
- Application of basic engineering techniques to optimize design of products, parts, systems or processes
- Clear and concise communications
- Ability to quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts
- Willingness to consistently take the initiative to get things done and do things before being asked by others or forced to by events