Company: Johnson Controls
Build your best future with the Johnson Controls team
As a global leader in smart, healthy, and sustainable buildings, our mission is to reimagine the performance of buildings to serve people, places and the planet. Join a winning team that enables you to build your best future! Our teams are uniquely positioned to support a multitude of industries across the globe. You will have the opportunity to develop yourself through meaningful work projects and learning opportunities. We strive to provide our employees with an experience, focused on supporting their physical, financial, and emotional wellbeing. Become a member of the Johnson Controls family and thrive in an empowering company culture where your voice and ideas will be heard – your next great opportunity is just a few clicks away!
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation/holidays/sick time
- Comprehensive benefits package including 401K, pension, medical, dental, and vision care
- On the job/cross training opportunities
- Encouraging and collaborative team environment
- Dedication to safety through our Zero Harm policy
What you will do
The primary responsibility for this role is to support pre-sales engineering for Building Automation System global projects as per country specific standards. Handling daily routine activities related to presales estimation support by preparing technical assessments. Basic knowledge about bill of material preparation, cost estimation to come up with competitive bid. Follow processes, maintain required quality standards and on time deliveries to ensure customer satisfaction.
How you will do it
- Review project inputs and specifications; should be able to capture the scope and understand the complete requirements of the project.
- Review MEP drawings, specification, SOP and identify HAVC equipment, dampers and sensors.
- Preparation and participation for project kick-off / review meetings with technical queries, compliance / deviations log, risk logs and record minutes of meeting.
- Adherence to standard estimation process and guideline to select proper combination of hardware, software, equipment, materials and services to come up with the optimum budget.
- Creation of bill of material, selection of sensors, control valves, dampers, air flow stations, controllers etc.
- Preparation of Building Automation System network architecture
- Ensure quality assurance, defect free deliverables and on time deliveries.
- Ensure timesheet compliance with respect to entry and review for self.
What we look for
- BE/ME (Instrumentation / Electrical/ Electronics / Electronics & Communication.
- Knowledge of HVAC systems like Chilled Water System, Cooling Towers, Primary & Secondary pumping systems, Hot Water System, Different types of AHUs, FCUs, VAV systems etc.
- Strong knowledge of BMS architecture with different types of Operator workstations, Supervisory Controllers, DDC controllers, Sensors & Actuators etc.
- Knowledge of different types of network protocols like BACNet, LON, Modbus, OPC, and other protocols.
- Must be proficient in wiring of starters, field devices, safety interlocks & panels.
- Experience in engineering, installing and commissioning of HVAC & BMS systems for infrastructure projects like pharmaceuticals, airports, commercial buildings, hospitals.
- Experience in the field of Automation (PLC programming/SCADA).
- Must be a quick learner & should have a keen eye for problem solving.
- Proficient in written and verbal communication.
- Ability to demonstrate good leadership skills.
2 to 6 years of relevant experience in Building Automation Industry, BMS Design Engineering.