The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
The Volvo Group culture is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values – Customer success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values guide our day-to-day behaviour and drive our decision-making at all levels of the organization. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization. Our company values help guide us on that journey.
Vehicle Engineering is responsible for the complete truck project deliveries, vehicle components and functions for the Truck brands within the Volvo Group. We work globally to innovate and develop systems and components for each truck brand based on common architecture and shared technology.
The Verification team is responsible for Verification & Validating the accurate and precise working of the Electronic Control Units (ECUs) within the system using guidelines and standards of Volvo. They also make sure that the queries from Industry and Aftermarket are addressed efficiently and are well supported. The team ensures that the verification activities are well documented and processes followed. The team members are also encouraged to come up with new methods for improving the verification process and to ensure efficient verification by reducing cycle time and improving productivity.
- Verify ECU’s and electronic network of a truck as defined in the test strategy.
- Perform activities according to the defined test plan and ensure coverage of all functionalities.
- Execute the test cases on the electronic network/ECU/component and review the test data.
- Report non-conformance and raise issues as per defined strategy
- Identify test cases as per the test strategy to cover all functionalities.
- Review the test specification to make sure that the requirements are testable.
- Work in sync with system engineering and software development teams to better understand requirements for effective testing; participate in project meetings as necessary
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- BE/B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics / Electronics & Communication or similar stream
- 2-4 years of experience in testing of electronic controls in automobile industry.
- Sound Automotive engineering knowledge
- Automation testing knowledge (preferable)
- Very Good Knowledge of software tools in testing (CANalyzer / CANoe etc.)
- Knowledge of CAN, LIN, J1939, UDS protocol
- Experience in system level testing is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of scripting language like CAPL, Python is an added advantage
- Good Communication, Problem solving and analysis skills
- ECU and electrical network testing skills
- Test certifications (ISTQB Foundation) preferred