Company: Baker HUghes
As a Control Systems Engineer, you will execute projects, perform basic/detailed engineering of control panels for Gas Turbine driven generators/compressors, Motor driven compressors and execute projects effectively through cross-functional collaboration & taking along all local/global take holders together. You will be responsible to drive engineering activities as per required project schedules & interact/communicate with customers as & when needed.
As a Controls Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Managing multiple Gas-Steam Turbine / Motor driven projects associated with control products & engineering drawings throughout the project lifecycle.
- Designing Unit control panel in accordance with customer specifications agreed deviations, country regulations & internal design guidelines.
- Selecting BOM (Bill of Material) for PLC & other components of the control panel complying with project needs.
- Presenting technical information on project status, metrics and research to internal teams and customers
- Producing purchase specifications for control panel & associated components, engaging with Material & Engineering suppliers for technical alignments & ensure delivery plan consistency as per project schedule.
- Preparing basic engineering drawings such as Control Panel Layout (dimensional) drawing / Network Architecture drawing & Power Supply Scheme.
- Developing detailed engineering drawings such as I/O List, Functional Description, Cause & Effect, Functional Specifications & Logic diagrams as per project P&ID, field wiring diagrams and Instrument data sheets.
- Ensuring control panel-related drawings such as Control Panel Wiring diagrams & Control Panel Construction Drawings are made, reviewed and delivered to customers as per project needs. Also ensuring cable schedule & Interconnecting Wiring diagram in line with panel drawings.
- Preparing control valve & flow element data sheets as per project piping, process & customer specifications and then supporting SOURCING for technical alignment and PO placement.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams such as SOURCING / QUALITY / PROJECT MANAGEMENT / OTHER ENGINEERING FUNCTIONS locally & globally ensuring smooth project execution and successful project closure.
- Conducting regular project reviews to evaluate risks associated with the project and come up with a mitigation plan respecting quality & timely delivery of the panel.
- Participating in project calls or in-person support for KOM (Kick Off Meeting), Design Reviews & drawings finalization and HAZOP / SIL ASSESSMENT meeting.
- Supporting software validation & FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) with customers @ panel manufacturer workshop & ensure customer satisfaction on technical capability & responsiveness.
- Providing regular inputs to the Product Standardization team for quality & process improvement.
Fuel Your Passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a BE/BTech OR ME/MTech in “Instrumentation & Controls” OR “Electronics & Instrumentation” OR “Electrical, Electronics & Instrumentation” OR “equivalent” from an accredited college or institution.
- Have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of work experience in Control System Design and Operations & Maintenance in the Power / Oil & Gas industry.
- Have International / Domestic travel for KOM / Design Reviews / HAZOP / FAT as required.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive.