The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
We are currently seeking an Electronics Engineer experienced in the whole process of product lifecycle management of Utility scale central photovoltaic inverters for solar farms to support our sustaining activities on both the existing installed base and future expansions. The ideal candidate has acquired a profound insight into the PV field design constraints and grid connection related aspects that affect the reliable operation of these inverters from a similar job in the solar industry, making it possible to address technical issues and propose solutions on inverter and system level.
You will be part of the R&D organization where you will collaborate with a very diversified, highly international and dedicated team of specialists who drive a wide range of activities from supporting central inverter hardware, via maintaining our digital solutions for Monitoring and Power Plant Control to addressing PV installation and grid system interface related issues.
You will evolve in an international environment, covering EMEA, NAM and APAC regions, and will be in close contact with different internal areas as well as have frequent interaction with customers who turn to us for help to troubleshoot and optimize their PV assets. You will be playing a significant role in the future expansion and diversification of our solar service business into new areas while taking active part in facilitating the successful transition into a future entirely powered by renewables.
- Participates in the sustaining work for the already installed base of Schneider Electric PV inverters and future expansions into central inverters of other brands
- Performs PCBA redesign and selects & validates electronic components to ensure the same Form-Fit Function of the redesigned parts
- Troubleshoots issues from the field and provides validated solutions to address the topics in the optimal way
- Documents all details about the field escalations and associated resolutions in our systems so that they are easy to find and retrieve for future reuse
- Assists in the preparation and review of service documents and training materials for use by the Field Service Representatives
- Cooperates with Supply Chain on addressing sourcing issues and proposing alternatives
- Remains abreast of the latest developments in engineering specialty to guide future development efforts on our solar service offering
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc. or preferably M.Sc. degree in Electronics Engineering
- 5+ years proven experience developing and sustaining PV inverters
- Expertise level knowledge of central inverters and ability to analyze and troubleshoot electronics hardware
Skills and Abilities
- Structured and analytical mindset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated collaborative teamwork capabilities
- Effective time management and organizational skills; ability to become involved in a number of projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Availability and willingness to travel internationally
- Problem solving hands-on attitude and customer centricity
- Energetic, determined and agile
- Capable of working autonomously and adapting to multiple time zones
- Open to distance management
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken